Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM  

The West Austin Park near 10th and Blanco is nice and is fenced.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I love red bud, ill be there with my dog dixie alot.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:20 AM  

Round Rock, TX
I like Walnut Creek off North Lamar, near I-35. You can run the trails down to the creek where the dogs can go nuts. Its Off leash right when you get on the trails, clearly marked.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:06 PM  

Austin, Texas
Another vote for Red Bud Isle here. My golden retriever / chow mix loves it.

The swimming is also excellent. Go out a bit and the water becomes a great workout for man and beast alike (assuming your pup is a strong swimmer). There is also a little cliff diving and a rope swing. Trails run along the river and are nice for running, walking the dog, and biking.

The calmer waters around the isle itself are a great place for dogs and humans to play. The shore is a bit gravely and it's shallow enough for kids.

One awesome way to get there is via kayak from one of the rental spots downstream.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:50 PM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I would kayak up there but my dog wouldn't get on a boat for her life!

but what is fun is going up to the dam and riding the rapids down a little ways, unless you flip like I did. or go up there to fish. (make sure you have a license)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 AM  

Does anyone know if the city/parks department is considering returning Bull Creek to an "off leash" park considering that recent studies had indicated the the water quality (bacteria levels) was not due to dog poop.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I bet they dont.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoLoco View Post
Check the Austin Parks and Rec site for a full list of the off leash areas.

Our favorite Austin Dog Park would be Red Bud Isle. It is a small island in Town Lake at the base of the Tom Miller Dam. Its quite a large area for a dog park, and has plenty of space for the dogs to roam.

We used to frequent Bull Creek, but it is no longer an off-leash area at the moment.

If you on the north side of town Round Rock has a decent dog park. We now spend most of our time there, but only because it's close by and we are lazy.
+1 for Red Bud Isle (AKA Dog Park Island). Very fun and definitely different from the usual dog parks in other places (I'm originally from Southern California).

My wife and I also love to go to Zilker Park with our dogs. Nice trails and relaxing picnic areas.

Don't forget to look for the many restaurants that are dog friendly too!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.