Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2010, 10:30 AM  

Austin, Texas
Freezer repair

I have a small 7cf chest freezer I was using as a keezer that has run into an issue.

It had been working fine, but I upgraded and moved this to the other side of the garage and let it sit for a few weeks. Went to go use it again, and when I plugged it back in, the compressor never came on.

Power light came I on, so it is getting power, but it never ran or got cold. Is this something that could be easily fixed, or should I just dump it and get a new one?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 PM  

Sammamish, WA
If it's pretty old and never been serviced, the compressor may have frozen up
(no pun intended) from sitting idle. There's oil in the refrigerant that may be in short supply, so while stopped some corrosion or rust may have developed to keep the piston from moving.

It's not likely to have any accessible way to turn it by hand like on a car A/C,
so other than bouncing it around a few times or thumps with a rubber mallet
it could well require as service call to fix. You might look for a circuit breaker to reset, it may have one down inside the works that is in the power line to the compressor but after the power to the light.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads