Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM  

They were doing it again this weekend. It was all over YNN.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
I don't see anything wrong with these people giving away their guns to cops. If you give it away you obviously aren't educated enough to own one. They didn't need it to start with. And if you are going to give it might as well be to someone that wont use it to do bad things with. I would hate to think I sold my gun to someone looking to hurt someone else.
My grandparents where gun dealers, they would get periodic calls from the FBI, questions regarding gun sales, but specific guns, when and where they were sold and the like. They would be asked questions at which point they would ask , "Was it used in a murder?" ,more often than not they would say yes, and she would provide the info.

If it wasn't, she would demand a warrant.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa in Texas View Post
First, who are these "activists" ? Why should I trust them to give the guns they purchase to someone in need? Prove to me they did what they said. They have no accountability as far as I can tell. They are just as likely to take them to the gun show and make a profit. Which is fine, I'd do the same thing, but be upfront. Note- those have to be "working" guns.
How much did anyone here donate to these activists? To me that's just as lame as the Guns for Groceries donors. Donate to the NRA or TSRA, they fund gun education programs for people in need.
Again, the police were there to make sure the gun exchanges were done safely and orderly. Making sure they weren't loaded, and weren't pointed at anyone. I was there, it went very well and the police did a good job. And I got $100 for a gun that was worth almost nothing.

Don't get the flock out, get out of the flock.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 AM  

Austin, Texas
Actually, after finding more information online (I don't watch TV News enough, I guess) I stand corrected and recognize the efforts of the "activists" as a very successful and well done. The information I found is here.

Edited link
Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
Actually, after finding more information online (I don't watch TV News enough, I guess) I stand corrected and recognize the efforts of the "activists" as a very successful and well done. The information I found is here.
Dead link.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM  

Austin, Texas
Sorry, too many "http//"'s in the address, try this: FIRST EVER! ? Austinites outbid Police in gun buyback counter-program (UPDATED) : Deadline Live With Jack Blood
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 PM  

Programs like this are very "California". Oh, that's where our Police Chief is from isn't it? It won't do a single thing to reduce the crime rate but it sure got a lot of media attention. I wonder why they didn't hold it in east Austin or up around Rundberg and IH-35?

SR51
Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
It's cool to live in a state with enough freedom to do that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.