Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2010, 10:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Kiddie Acres

Finding things for small children is tough. Especially in a a city populated by young hipsters, it seems the city more caters to that scene as opposed to toddlers and the like.

Kiddie Acres has been in Austin since 1979. That's right 31 years of catering to kids, so you know they have it right.

I went when I was a kid. My Grandparents would pick us up from time to time, and we would spend the day out there.

There are a multitude of rides, with a miniature golf course, all reasonably priced, so if your kid starts screaming, you can leave, and come back, and never lose a dime. I find that to be one of the major selling points as my Daughter is going through a phase.

For $20 she got to ride all the rides once and left with a balloon. Who doesn't like balloons.

She's 3 and about thirty pounds. There wasn't one thing there she couldn't do. She seemed to enjoy the pony ride more than anyhting, and an interesting side note to that. If you went when you where a kid, there's a good chance your kid will be riding the same pony. My Brother went with us and sure enough if it wasn't the pony he had ridden 17 years earlier.

If you are in the Austin Area, and you are looking for amusements for the young ones, nothing beats Kiddie Acres.

Amusement Park & Miniature Golf, Children's Birthday Parties | Austin, TX

Old 12-08-2010, 04:17 PM  

Austin, Tx
Kiddie Acres

I drive by all the time and its always fenced up. When is it open?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
12-7 right now. You must drive by early or late.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 AM  

austin, tx
The Austin Children's Museum is great. So is the Nature Center (with a dino dig), there's a Zoo in South Austin and one in Manor. ACL is great for all ages. Pricey, but kids are free.

Have fun out there!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:34 AM  

Burnet, Texas
My parents took me to kiddie acres when I was a kid and now I take my son there It's
A great kid friendly place!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingwithray View Post
My parents took me to kiddie acres when I was a kid and now I take my son there It's
A great kid friendly place!
I was surprised to find they use the same horses. If you are a young enough parent, you kid can ride the horse you rode.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I went there too as a kid, but I definitely dont have any kids now to take there.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM  

Round Rock, TX
Kiddie Acres

We've had a couple of birthday parties for our grandsons there. They really enjoy the rides.

blue_grendel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Finding things for small children is tough. Especially in a a city populated by young hipsters, it seems the city more caters to that scene as opposed to toddlers and the like.

Kiddie Acres has been in Austin since 1979. That's right 31 years of catering to kids, so you know they have it right.

I went when I was a kid. My Grandparents would pick us up from time to time, and we would spend the day out there.

There are a multitude of rides, with a miniature golf course, all reasonably priced, so if your kid starts screaming, you can leave, and come back, and never lose a dime. I find that to be one of the major selling points as my Daughter is going through a phase.

For $20 she got to ride all the rides once and left with a balloon. Who doesn't like balloons.

She's 3 and about thirty pounds. There wasn't one thing there she couldn't do. She seemed to enjoy the pony ride more than anyhting, and an interesting side note to that. If you went when you where a kid, there's a good chance your kid will be riding the same pony. My Brother went with us and sure enough if it wasn't the pony he had ridden 17 years earlier.

If you are in the Austin Area, and you are looking for amusements for the young ones, nothing beats Kiddie Acres.

Amusement Park & Miniature Golf, Children's Birthday Parties | Austin, TX
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I enjoyed the rides as a kid, especially the planes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads