Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2010, 01:51 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
The River

Anyone else spend time on the river? Where do you go? Sculpture Falls? Bull Creek?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 PM  

san marcos, texas
God I miss going to sculpture falls. I thought its been fenced off though. I was just reminiscing about sculpture the other day, way better than Barton springs.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:08 PM  

Austin, Texas
Used to fish Bull Creek at Edwards park. Back in the early 90s you could go down there with waders on and a few cold beers. Cast in peace and catch decent sized small mouth all day long.

Went back a few years ago and the bass are over fished to the point they barely show any interest. Around 3-4pm you get a ton of folks show up and cast little spool lines on the bank to catch and keep the sunfish.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
We used to fish upstream from Sculpture and catch Guadalupe bass well. Also float when the water was high from the bridge there down to Sculpture then trek back. Fun times. Was nice when you could park at 360 and walk until that guy chased a ball onto 360 and got ran over.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
Used to fish Bull Creek at Edwards park. Back in the early 90s you could go down there with waders on and a few cold beers. Cast in peace and catch decent sized small mouth all day long.

Went back a few years ago and the bass are over fished to the point they barely show any interest. Around 3-4pm you get a ton of folks show up and cast little spool lines on the bank to catch and keep the sunfish.
The catfish used to be awesome, till you realized it was all that was in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We used to fish upstream from Sculpture and catch Guadalupe bass well. Also float when the water was high from the bridge there down to Sculpture then trek back. Fun times. Was nice when you could park at 360 and walk until that guy chased a ball onto 360 and got ran over.
I miss those days. Nothing like trying to catch fish with a trout net, drunk, up to your knees in algae.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM  

Austin, Texas
Jeez, I must be a serious old timer.
I remember actually being able to swim at Bull Creek Park!
They had the BEST rope swings in the area!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:38 AM  

Austin, TX
Red Bud Isle has some great places to jump in or kayak/canoe, plus, if you swim about 100 yards there is a fantastic rope swing.

Also check out Spyglass off the green belt near Barton Creek Square Mall, its a nice hike, and always an eclectic mix of people!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Where's red bud isle?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM  
Professional

Texas
What are all the good spots to Kayak? I have never done it before, but it sure looks fun. I see Red Bud Isle, anywhere else? I live in Houston right now but will be moving to Austin in June or July and want to get this figured out so I don't put it off!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 AM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Where's red bud isle?
Red Bud Isle is just off Red Bud Trail, by the Tom Miller Dam, near Hula Hut on Lake Austin Boulevard.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.