Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 PM  

Chicago, IL
Trip to Austin!

My fiancee and I are going to be heading down to Austin in March for a vacation, mostly because I want to move there, but I was wondering where are some great places to checkout and really get a good vibe for what life is like in Austin?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
Depends, what are you guys into?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
It's an extremely versatile city, you are going to have to give us more info.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I would say hitting up South Congress, 6th Street and eateries East of 35 would cover the gambit of the current Austin zeitgeist.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 PM  

Chicago, IL
We're from Chicago, not sure if that matters. We're in our late 20s so we still like to go out and party. We are both athletic so we want to do something fun outdoors. We both enjoy the art scene here in Chicago. I might want to get a tattoo if we find a cool shop with a good artist. I heard that South Austin is a good area to check out. We'll be driving down so we'll have a car. We'll be there from the 14-18 in March. Hope that helps. Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmuszy13 View Post
We're from Chicago, not sure if that matters. We're in our late 20s so we still like to go out and party. We are both athletic so we want to do something fun outdoors. We both enjoy the art scene here in Chicago. I might want to get a tattoo if we find a cool shop with a good artist. I heard that South Austin is a good area to check out. We'll be driving down so we'll have a car. We'll be there from the 14-18 in March. Hope that helps. Thanks
South Austin is very cool, so cool they asked me to leave. Kidding, but it's a very cool place.

Austin has a lot of green belts, if you are looking to do outdoor activities, hitting the trails, and creeks is a good idea.

As for tats, it's been a couple of years since my last one, but we have a good tat thread started.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/aus...oo-shops-2487/
Old 02-08-2011, 02:27 PM  

Austin, Texas
14-18 You will be here during South By Southwest, which is one of the biggest Music, Movie, Everything festivals in the World. If you are going to want to get around downtown its going to be nuts that weekend, but if you like free music and the like, here is a link which will have all of the free stuff to do as it becomes set in stone.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:14 PM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
Im glad you posted the link to SXSW, I forgot to sign up for my volunteer thing. free wristband? yes!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 AM  

Round Rock, TX
Trip to Austin!

It can get really busy around SXSW music venues. My advice is, don't try to go all over town and see acts in multiple clubs. You may not be able to get in to some of them. Find a band/place that you really do want to see and go early. Get a good seat and stay the evening. You will likely be surprised and in addition to hearing someone you want to hear, you may discover someone you like just as much; but never heard of.

blue_grendel (austin area musician)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmann808 View Post
14-18 You will be here during South By Southwest, which is one of the biggest Music, Movie, Everything festivals in the World. If you are going to want to get around downtown its going to be nuts that weekend, but if you like free music and the like, here is a link which will have all of the free stuff to do as it becomes set in stone.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM  
Supporting Member

Leander, Texas
If you're coming during SXSW I hope you have hotel reservations already

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!