Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 AM  

Austin, Texas
Coming from someone who moved here a year ago now from Michigan I can't tell you how happy my wife and I are we made the move. There is so much do to here it's amazing. From great restaurants to hiking and biking it's great.

Things I would suggest to do that I did when I brought my wife down here to see it for the first time. She was sold after one day.

The Oasis - Restaurant above Lake Travis with amazing views, OK food and good drinks. I would actually reccommend going to Uncle Billys Brew & Que right next door instead. They have good beers, the same view and better food

South Congress - Artsy street with a bunch of different shops and restaurants. Funky vibe.

Food Trucks - If you do a little research you can find the different food truck lots and some of them have amazing food for cheap. The Odd Duck is one that we just ate at recently and it was amazing.

Downtown - Go out to eat or just walk around. It is full of bars and restaurants.

Mt. Bonnell - Just a cool view down the Colorado river.

Parks - There are a bunch. Depends on what you like. My favorite is probably walking along the water downtown.

Just a few things to do for your first visit that seemed to work well in convincing my wife to move down here.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 PM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
Coming from someone who moved here a year ago now from Michigan I can't tell you how happy my wife and I are we made the move. There is so much do to here it's amazing. From great restaurants to hiking and biking it's great.

Things I would suggest to do that I did when I brought my wife down here to see it for the first time. She was sold after one day.

The Oasis - Restaurant above Lake Travis with amazing views, OK food and good drinks. I would actually reccommend going to Uncle Billys Brew & Que right next door instead. They have good beers, the same view and better food

South Congress - Artsy street with a bunch of different shops and restaurants. Funky vibe.

Food Trucks - If you do a little research you can find the different food truck lots and some of them have amazing food for cheap. The Odd Duck is one that we just ate at recently and it was amazing.

Downtown - Go out to eat or just walk around. It is full of bars and restaurants.

Mt. Bonnell - Just a cool view down the Colorado river.

Parks - There are a bunch. Depends on what you like. My favorite is probably walking along the water downtown.

Just a few things to do for your first visit that seemed to work well in convincing my wife to move down here.
There is So much to do and see in Austin. Head West, you are in the Hill Country and Bluebonnet season is coming up! Downtown, of course, is Party Central, or East Austin for the off the beaten path eateries. I just had a friend in from New York City (the city that never sleeps) and she was astounded at the things to do and see here!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!