Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM  

Austin
Vegan-Friendly Restaurant

I just moved to Austin, and I love it here. I am vegan, and am trying to find a good restaurant. I know there have to be a lot in Austin, I just need help finding a good one. Any ideas?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM  

Austin
Good ones? Not really. The majority offer the same sort of lame oddly named fair. Mr.Veggie isn't bad, but the best vegan food I've found (I'm not vegan but I eat with a few regularly) Is at Thai and Asian restaurants. T&S on Lamar especially. What part of town are you in?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM  

Austin
A lot of places around town are vegan, or at least have a vegan section of the menu. I have a friend whose vegetarian and he eats a lot of Taco Bell. Some how he's healthier than me. Go figure. Must be the cigarettes.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown View Post
A lot of places around town are vegan, or at least have a vegan section of the menu. I have a friend whose vegetarian and he eats a lot of Taco Bell. Some how he's healthier than me. Go figure. Must be the cigarettes.
It's not, it's genetics. I stopped smoking a couple of years back, I feel about the same. I think I was meant to smoke, but it sets a poor example for my kid.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 AM  

Austin
I hear pita pit is legit, have y'all tried it?

And to answer your question, I live walking distance from the drag. I tried Madame Mams the other day, not bad!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM  

Austin
Did you get sick? Everyone I know who eats there says they get sick. I want to try it, but getting sick is not on my list of stuff to do.

Pita Pit, has some vegetarian options, but nothing vegan I don't think. I've heard good things about them.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Did you get sick? Everyone I know who eats there says they get sick. I want to try it, but getting sick is not on my list of stuff to do.

Pita Pit, has some vegetarian options, but nothing vegan I don't think. I've heard good things about them.

I think there was rumor going on for a long time about food poising but I've eaten there and never had an issue. I started right after the COS started trying to buy up property along the drag.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I think there was rumor going on for a long time about food poising but I've eaten there and never had an issue. I started right after the COS started trying to buy up property along the drag.
Conspiracy? I believe it.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 PM  

Austin, Texas
Doesn't Magnolia have vegan? I believe I have seen some Vegan options at kurby lane as well.

Closest I get to Vegan is eating a quality free range steak.....at least the cow was vegan.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
Doesn't Magnolia have vegan? I believe I have seen some Vegan options at kurby lane as well.

Closest I get to Vegan is eating a quality free range steak.....at least the cow was vegan.
Magnolia does, and they are excellent.

Kirby lane is the most overrated horrible food having place in Austin. I hate it. I have never had a good meal and people rave about it like it's the end all of Austin cuisine. If you're drunk and it's 3am they rock, but not more than IHOP.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads