Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM  

Austin, TX
Kirby is good, I don't know why so many folks are down on them. The original location is the best. They have a good tortilla soup, and their potato flautas are amazing (leftover flautas the next day are somehow even better). They also have a gluten-free menu, if you don't want to try to figure out which items do/don't have gluten in them.

Another option is any of the Alamo Drafthouse locations. Although they're not exactly a "restaurant," they do serve restaurant-quality food, and they have at least a couple of vegan-friendly dishes...plus, you get to watch a movie while you dine (and drink).

Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 AM  

austin, tx
Casa de Luz. The Vegan Yacht. Daily Juice. I think Threadgills had vegan options. Is that vegetarian Italian place in Hyde Park still around? What was that...Mother's? Someone help me.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM  

Austin, Texas
There is a GREAT restaurant on I35 and Dean Keaton. It's and Ethiopian reataurant called Aster's and the majority of there food is vegan. Also another ethiopian restaurant on 7th called Karibu, but haven't tried it yet, let me know if you do.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 AM  

There is a place off of north loop. A young lady serves excellent vegan food from a trailer, the name is "Counter Culture". Try it, you'll be impressed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!