Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 AM  

Anyone into Drag Racing?

I have a 2003 Cobra with a hurt motor right now. I did a ton of work on it prior to hurting the stock motor. I have a custom built solid rear axle (removed the independent rear suspension) with 3.73 gears, adjustable shocks and control arms, a race prepped 4R70W automatic with trans-brake, full-manual valve body, electronic over-drive and electronic lockup (for great gas milage). I had the stock supercharger ported and under-drvien with a 4# lower pulley and a 2.93 upper pulley (I think it was a 2.93, it's been a while). The fuel and electronics are upgraded (injectors and mass air). Exhaust is bassani X with removable cats and magnaflow mufflers (stock headers). I also have a 100 shot of nitrous that I haven't used yet.

After my wedding this spring I am gonna start getting the old Cobra back up and running. I'm looking at an aluminum block with billet everything. Looking to have it rated around 1000hp but will keep it around 750hp for the track, 550hp for the street.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had some fast cars on here.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I used to do a lot of drag racing but got out of it for a while to do some off-roading (I can't afford both lol). I was more of a GM/LSX guy before, but I'm by no means brand biased. I've been getting the itch to go fast again.

Sounds like you had one SICK cobra. I've always wanted to build a Terminator/4r70 notch, but the already impressive numbers people are making with the new 5.0s are really making their case....

Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I enjoy watching it on TV when i can. Someday i'd like to build a 79 F-series for fun, not really to race competitively.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I used to drag race, but never seemed to have the time the last few years, so it just sits in the garage now.
I have not even started my race car in 2 years, forget load it into the trailer and haul it to a track.
Its a 1970 Duster, thats been stripped, and a tube chassis put in it, with full race geometry suspension, lights removed, stuff like battery relocated to the trunk, interior stripped for weight, and a crate race motor installed.
All new drivetain, and too many custom parts to mention.
I had it painted just black, the only non-black thing on the car is the chromed front bumper.
Narrowed and tubbed the rear end, and uses Mickey drag radials.
Has 2 stage nitrous system, 150 shot each.
Its been dyno tuned, and made 941 RWHP.

Sadly i should sell it though, it just takes up room around here now, same with my car trailer.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
I used to drag race, but never seemed to have the time the last few years, so it just sits in the garage now.
I have not even started my race car in 2 years, forget load it into the trailer and haul it to a track.
Its a 1970 Duster, thats been stripped, and a tube chassis put in it, with full race geometry suspension, lights removed, stuff like battery relocated to the trunk, interior stripped for weight, and a crate race motor installed.
All new drivetain, and too many custom parts to mention.
I had it painted just black, the only non-black thing on the car is the chromed front bumper.
Narrowed and tubbed the rear end, and uses Mickey drag radials.
Has 2 stage nitrous system, 150 shot each.
Its been dyno tuned, and made 941 RWHP.

Sadly i should sell it though, it just takes up room around here now, same with my car trailer.
PICS!?

I love some old Mopar stuff. Got a buddy that drag races a 440/727 powered dart. He also has a 408 small-block 71 duster that needs to be finished up and just acquired an early 70s challenger that he wants to do a resto on.

Sadly, I'll never be able to afford any of that stuff. Even the A-body stuff is getting expensive now. Another buddy just bought a rusty hunk of 73 cuda for $1500. Its rusted to hell, no suspension, no axles or drivetrain, no interior. Basically, it's got good glass.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM  
Pass. seat of a streetcar

Amarillo, Texas
I am trying to sell the Jeep so I can get my 71 Olds back on the street/strip.... My grandpa bought it new and I have had it 5 years but it has been down for 1 year, very sad and it needs to be back on the road!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 AM  

Greenville, SC
I like to go out to our local 1/8 mile dragway and watch. My dad used to race Corvairs back in the late '60s. It was before I was born but I wish I had seen it... Sounds like he did some pretty inginuitive stuff. Not quite like it seems today where it's just buying
go-fast parts out of Summit or Jegs.... (I definitely do not mean anything negative by that). I do love watching it and I am sure there is some inginuitive stuff still going on..
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM  

Greenville, SC

The little orange Honda races at our local strip here.... It's pretty awesome, sort of steals the show here when I go....
Old 03-04-2011, 10:49 AM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
Love to drag race...Have a Lightning that can hold its own. Nothing better than taking a heavy truck down the 1/4 in 11 sec...
Anyone into Drag Racing?-tire-lift.jpg 

Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Love to drag race...Have a Lightning that can hold its own. Nothing better than taking a heavy truck down the 1/4 in 11 sec...
...except doing it on motor

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!