Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
Challenger RT vs Mustang GT

Both 2010s - any input ?????

Looking for a muscle car - narrowed down to these two. Anyone have first hand experience with either of these - pros and cons?

Stats:
2010 RT classic Challenger w/white stripes (orange car)
5.7 - 345hp, auto, fully loaded w/leather, sunroof, etc + 2k in Mopar access
approx - 24mpg

2010 GT Mustang
bare bones, cloth, coupe, auto (6spd)
5.0 - 412hp
approx - 26mpg

Took them both for a test drive, and so far leaning towards the challenger, mainly cause it seems to have a lot more interior room, and more accessible trunk space. As of now just me and the misses w/ two medium sized dogs (would be taking them on our longer trips to our other house 7hrs away). Looking for a DD, and cruiser - course winter time it will be parked / garaged. The only one draw back to the challenger is it's about 5k more, but it is fully loaded (or dang near close). Idealistically would love a new SRT8, but for the sake of getting a car quicker feel the RT would be a good choice as well.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd pick the Challenger. I've also test-driven them both, and I think they're very similiar performance-wise.

The thing that would pull me to the Challenger is the styling, and that Mustangs now a days are really a dime a dozen, but a good Challenger really catches some eyes.

Let us know what you end up doing - my wife and I are also car shopping for our latest, so good luck to you - I know how much of a nightmare it can be!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-17-2010, 03:47 AM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
Yeah I've found some "interesting dealers" locally. The first place I went to test drive a challenger, they flat out said NO. I could drive one, ONLY if I was buying one. Then he said, well you could drive the SE (v6) - yeah that will handle exactly the same...........

This smaller dealer I've been dealing with is great. I showed up initially to get my oil changed in the PW, and they gave me the keys for the RT challenger. He even said don't hurry back, so he could crunch some numbers for me (supplier discount, etc). I'll say one thing, the do 0-80 pretty freakin quick (on the interstate).

The ford dealer, sales guy came with, and had me drive back roads - yep great test speeds of 45-50mph. lol

I may end up waiting for awhile - if I want one now, will have to sell my wheeling jeep. If I hold off for awhile, and get my PW paid off, then I can keep the jeep, and buy the challenger...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Challenger!

As far as challengers, I have driven the 6.1 hemi challenger and all I can say is pure love. They are an amazing car but I didn't spend too much time in it

As far as all around muscle dodges go. We have the R/T Charger (shouldn't be too different) and I drive that a lot and there are no issues. It pops up to speed nice and quick, it is quiet and smooth.

I say challenger
Old 10-17-2010, 01:39 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
well, i guess i would be the first to say mustang!

it's built better, its 3k in mods away from being in the 11's, I THINK they look better, they handle a whole lot better.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
throw them both out and go get a 2011 5.0 mustang. you'll blow the doors off either of the 2010s
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 PM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
That is the stang I drove - sorry wrong year, but it had the 412hp 5.0, which was freakin nice. I'm waiting for now - challenger is supposedly upping the hp for 11s now - possibly putting the 6.4 hemi (rumor) in the SRT as well.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:01 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
haven't heard anything about the challengers but those new stangs are flat hauling. local guy has one with an auto trans, cold air intake, nt05 tires, 4.11 gears, evolution performance tune and he clicked off two 11.8x passes friday night.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
I like the old school look go the Challenger. I think they pretty much nailed it.. compared to the Mustang or Camaro.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtu1293 View Post
That is the stang I drove - sorry wrong year, but it had the 412hp 5.0, which was freakin nice. I'm waiting for now - challenger is supposedly upping the hp for 11s now - possibly putting the 6.4 hemi (rumor) in the SRT as well.
That is the current rumor. A 6.4 in the 2011. The 6.1 was nice so I can just imagine the how nice the 6.4 would be.

I say wait and if the 6.4 comes on the new challenger get that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.