Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM  

Indianapolis, IN
CJ7 T5 help

I have a 83 jeep CJ7 with a T5 tranny that leak between the xfr case and the tranny, the manual does not mention anything about a gasket. I have tried to seal it 3 times, any help?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 AM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
I have always had good luck using Permatex anaerobic gasket maker. I have sealed up a couple transfer cases with it.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
It doesn't use or need a gasket, it's either your transmission output shaft seal or transfer case input shaft seal.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM  

I had tons of leaks with my old CJ7's and it's very common for the T5 to leak. It's actually marking it's territory.
It's not a huge pain to get the transfer case off and most likely the bolts from your skid plate will break off like they did on all 3 of my CJ's and even on my YJ. If, you decide to fix it hit spray the bolts with PB blaster inside the frame as well as outside the skid plate for several days prior to removing the skid.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!