Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Hybrid SUVs

We have too many vehicles for just myself and my wife living here in Tucson, so we were thinking of trading in our 2005 Audi A6 for a Hybrid SUV. Later we'll sell our 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee privately. That would leave us with our 2000 GMC 1-ton dually and the new Hybrid SUV. Our Questions are, what is out there in terms of a Hybrid SUV, and which are the best (and worst)? Thanks for your help with this.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 PM  

Fairmont, WV
We considered a Ford Escape hybrid, but it was underpowered for these WV hills, so we went with the V6 model. If it's flat in your area, it'd probably be serviceable.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM  

Sammamish, WA
If I wanted a Hybrid it would probably be an escape, but let's face it, hybrid SUVs are meant for good mileage to commute and get groceries, not for off road. The few that do OK off road, like the Tahoe have a V8 and the few extra mpg is not worth the extra price, at $53,000.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
can i ask why you are souly considering a hybrid?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!