Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2012, 06:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Im ready for 'The Jeep' - help me choose!

I'm what you'd call a 'Jeep ADD guy.' I sold #32 about a year ago, and put myself on a Jeep diet because I was spending too much money.

Long story short, I'm ready again. Only, I'm ready to find my 'keeper.' isn't it funny how much jeeps relate to women?

My question for you all: what's your favorite model/year range? Include your favorite drivetrain options too! Get as specific as you want, and tell me WHY you picked that specific one!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 AM  

Palm Beach County
I like the newer 4 door unlimited version.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM  

Califailia
Cherokee FTW! 2doors are my pick.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Get a 98 TJ and be done with it

Simple to work on, reliable, lots of easily available and cheap parts and despite what everyone says about the 4 cylinder, it will get you where you want to go.

Mine is a basically stock SE with a 4.10 and I drive it every day. I don't do any serious wheeling so it does everything I need it to do except go fast on the highway. I try to travel the less frantic routes most of the time.
Im ready for 'The Jeep' - help me choose!-riponredtj_3.jpg 

Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ
Get a 98 TJ and be done with it

Simple to work on, reliable, lots of easily available and cheap parts and despite what everyone says about the 4 cylinder, it will get you where you want to go.

Mine is a basically stock SE with a 4.10 and I drive it every day. I don't do any serious wheeling so it does everything I need it to do except go fast on the highway. I try to travel the less frantic routes most of the time.
Wanna sell it? :-) I've been thinking TJ more and more. I might even buy a mainland one and ship it out here, so that I can have more selection. TJ's out here are a dime a dozen, but crazzyyyyy expensive because of the whole Hawaii thing.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:44 PM  

I agree with a TJ as well. I have a for sale sign on my 04 due to the divorce but just can't stand the thought of parting with it.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
I agree with a TJ as well. I have a for sale sign on my 04 due to the divorce but just can't stand the thought of parting with it.
If you get serious about selling it, let me know. For real. I'd much rather ship one over if I know I can trust who I'm going to buy it from. Worth it for me.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 PM  

Yeah, my plan was to use it on our mountain vacation home I was about to purchase before the bomb dropped on me with the marriage. I went thru the entire jeep, and is virtually fully restored, including new brakes, seals, top, wires, plugs, and a winch, just in case. I'll let you know as I learn more.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM  

Kent, Ohio
I'll throw in with the TJ crowd. I wish I could continue to justify it as a daily driver, but with the number of highway miles I drive, the Patriot fills the bill.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I don't mind filling up the TJ. It's paid for and gas is in the budget.

I need to install the hard top soon to keep the womenfolk happy, so I cleaned it the other day. Magic erasers are the way to go!
Im ready for 'The Jeep' - help me choose!-magic-erasor.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.