Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2010, 07:48 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC

Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Yay... More foreign cars to destroy the US auto market.
How like every one else has said. The turd three aren't making one. While I think the mahindra trucks are freggin ugly. I might put up with the looks for 30mpg. That is what my car gets. Oh and it is a GM and I am sorry to say the biggest POS I have ever seen.

I guess your fix for the US car market is to bail them out right. Give more money to them so they can pay high school educated workers $30+ an hour to screw on a freekin bolt or nuts. Why are we rewarding them for piss poor business decisions? My 11 year old could run GM better they those idiots are doing now.

Maybe if the turd three would get off their duffs and see what is happening they might be able to compete.

Don't get me wrong I love my dad GMC 2500 with the duramax and the 6 speed and my mom F150 4x4. But I am already looking for a new vehicle and I am not wanting to trade in the 2004 Toyota I am wanting to trade in the 2007 Saturn. Why The toyota doesn't use oil, doesn't have any problems except for the lights for the gear selector you have to tap the shift knob to get them to light up. My saturn creeks and groans when you drive it. The air dam has fallen off 5 times the fuel pump may short out causing it to explode. When you drive around a corner you can accelerate or else is sounds like your choking a goat. it rattles and is over all a big POS. The gas cap went south in 3 weeks after buying it and they wouldn't replace it because the warranty doesn't cover that. $35 down the tube for a faulty part from the factory. The tires were worn out in 6 months of regular driving. My dad purchased a brand new Trans-Am the got rid of it in a month. In that month it was in the shop 3.5 weeks. Every 5 miles it would shoot all the oil out of the car. Then it would shut off because no oil pressure then you would have to have it towed to the dealer to rest the computer then they would keep it and see if they could find the problem. Never did and my dad finally said screw it and traded it in on a yukon XL.

The turd three are suckin when it comes to giving the consumer what they want.

Plus Toyote, Subrau, Honda, Toyota, as well as BMW and MB all have huge factories right here in the USA supporting local communities.

I am looking at getting a truck the next time I buy a vehicle. I can tell you this it isn't going to be a ford dodge or a chevy. Why because I don't see the quality I am seeing in Toyota or Nissan

Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
How like every one else has said. The turd three aren't making one. While I think the mahindra trucks are freggin ugly. I might put up with the looks for 30mpg. That is what my car gets. Oh and it is a GM and I am sorry to say the biggest POS I have ever seen.

I guess your fix for the US car market is to bail them out right. Give more money to them so they can pay high school educated workers $30+ an hour to screw on a freekin bolt or nuts. Why are we rewarding them for piss poor business decisions? My 11 year old could run GM better they those idiots are doing now.

Maybe if the turd three would get off their duffs and see what is happening they might be able to compete.

Don't get me wrong I love my dad GMC 2500 with the duramax and the 6 speed and my mom F150 4x4. But I am already looking for a new vehicle and I am not wanting to trade in the 2004 Toyota I am wanting to trade in the 2007 Saturn. Why The toyota doesn't use oil, doesn't have any problems except for the lights for the gear selector you have to tap the shift knob to get them to light up. My saturn creeks and groans when you drive it. The air dam has fallen off 5 times the fuel pump may short out causing it to explode. When you drive around a corner you can accelerate or else is sounds like your choking a goat. it rattles and is over all a big POS. The gas cap went south in 3 weeks after buying it and they wouldn't replace it because the warranty doesn't cover that. $35 down the tube for a faulty part from the factory. The tires were worn out in 6 months of regular driving. My dad purchased a brand new Trans-Am the got rid of it in a month. In that month it was in the shop 3.5 weeks. Every 5 miles it would shoot all the oil out of the car. Then it would shut off because no oil pressure then you would have to have it towed to the dealer to rest the computer then they would keep it and see if they could find the problem. Never did and my dad finally said screw it and traded it in on a yukon XL.

The turd three are suckin when it comes to giving the consumer what they want.

Plus Toyote, Subrau, Honda, Toyota, as well as BMW and MB all have huge factories right here in the USA supporting local communities.

I am looking at getting a truck the next time I buy a vehicle. I can tell you this it isn't going to be a ford dodge or a chevy. Why because I don't see the quality I am seeing in Toyota or Nissan
I'm going to say in all fairness that not all D-3 products are crap with the Euros/Asians walking on water. Toyota's reputation has been blown ever since the (alleged) 'drive by wire' throttle problems and I don't give a fig for anything European sold here----------they tend to fall to pieces quite quickly. Yes, I am counting Audi/VW, BMW, Mercedes, etc. here.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, the euro car makers actually fell behind in quality ratings with the big 3 going up this year. They're definitely doing outstanding, particularly Ford, which was the only big 3 car maker to NOT take a dime of tax-payer money during the bailout, even though they had the option to.

Kudos to the American car industry, but I do agree that they need to listen to the consumer more. They're coming out with a twin turbo V-6 engine for the F150 in the next few years (don't quote me, I don't remember if that's official or not) -- so they're moving there, but slowly. A 30mpg truck? I'd for sure give it serious consideration.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
The quality from the (Less) Big Three has seemed to have taken a turn for the better. Now if only they would embrace clean diesel technology as the rest of the world's major automakers have...

The next time you browse through a new car/truck lot, check out the Domestic/Foreign content as well as the Point of Assembly if you want to see just how nebulous "Buy American" has become. And for NAFTA purposes, Canadian and Mexican parts are included in the "Domestic" content.

There are probably quite a few "foreign" cars that are more American than the American nameplates.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:33 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
How about those Mahindra trucks.....
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Yah, really!
What's this all about???

Mahindra Thar | Utility Vehicles
Old 08-24-2011, 06:44 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Yah, really!
What's this all about???

Mahindra Thar | Utility Vehicles
Never seen that before.Looks nice.Jeep knock off, ehh.Most of us are looking at the small diesel P/U that's kind of like the older Isuzu P/U.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM  
fustrated genius

No one remembers that Willys sold build rights to Mahindra and they built CJ 3B's until the 1980's? Also Mitsubishi in Japan. Jeeps are not new to either.

Real Jeeps will have Willys stamped mon the grill and hood
(the lower one is the Mahindra, top one is Mitsubishi)
Mahindra Trucks Coming To The US-antitank.jpg 

Mahindra Trucks Coming To The US-kumarmahindra.jpg 

Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
When I got my start in auto mechanics,all I did was Jeep work.Almost all of it was CJs.I didn't know that Mahindra got rights to build Jeeps.I new that Mitzi did.Didn't know how long or when they were building them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!