Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Minivan recommendations?

Go ahead and mock me!

My wife's been trying to get me to buy her a minivan for years now, and now I actually think that I'm going to give in!

So I'm on the search for the sweetest minivan I can find!

Any of you guys have any suggestions? I'm looking for something with DVD for my kids, plus plenty of other accessories and such.

Let me know!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 AM  

Sammamish, WA
Not too many of those left, with Ford and GM giving them up.

I have a friend that drives a Toyota Sienna, and have ridden in it since
we carpool. Seems very comfortable and has all the gadgets, he did have
a recall for brakes, though. Another friend loves his Mazda 5, which is much more sporty and doesn't have that minivan look, but holds 6 people (rear row pretty much limited to kids) and gets 25 around here, 30 on the highway.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 AM  
Poison Idea

Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 AM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
dont buy a kia sedona whatever you get. My wife just had to have it, now I spend a ton of time working on it, and the parts arent cheap.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
subaru outback. i can speak from personal experience that they are excelent vehicles (can get them in a man trans also )

Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM  

Make sure the mini van includes the mandatory "Soccer Mom" sticker on the back bumper!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
I have a friend that drives a Toyota Sienna, and have ridden in it since
we carpool. Seems very comfortable and has all the gadgets, he did have
a recall for brakes, though. Another friend loves his Mazda 5, which is much more sporty and doesn't have that minivan look, but holds 6 people (rear row pretty much limited to kids) and gets 25 around here, 30 on the highway.
Yeah, the 5 is wayyyy too small for me unfortunately. I'm trying to talk her into us getting an excursion or something big instead - so if we do stay in the minivan category, it's gotta be something at least good-sized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanewhatley View Post
dont buy a kia sedona whatever you get. My wife just had to have it, now I spend a ton of time working on it, and the parts arent cheap.
Oh I hadn't planned on any Korean-made vehicles for at least another 5 years or so. They've come a long ways as far as quality goes in the past few years, but they still have a while to go before they earn my trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
subaru outback. i can speak from personal experience that they are excelent vehicles (can get them in a man trans also )

Yes! I'd love to have a subaru - I never have, but have always wanted to. I don't know if she'll go for this, but it's worth a try I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Make sure the mini van includes the mandatory "Soccer Mom" sticker on the back bumper!
I will havasu, thank you Oh and we'll put those little turtle stickers on it, each turtle representing someone in our family

Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
oh and motorcharge, how much do you want for that beast?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 PM  

Russellville, AR
I vote for the sienna only because they have the coolest marketing/videos ever. YouTube - Sienna's Channel you'll be singing the "swagger wagon" song all day!

Mother-in-Law has a Honda Odyssey and it's nice, but a little cramped, it's a 2001 model, so they may have widened it some to allow back seat people an easier time loading.

Also if you wanted something different the GMC ACADIA has seating for up to 8 adults.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
My wife drives the Honda Odyssey. Its loaded to the gills. We took it to Destin Fl this last summer and I was shocked. Does great..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!