Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM  

Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Minivan

whent thru quite a few as the kids were growing up, nothing really great stood out, but I sure don't miss the damn things either. just fine basic transportation with people and cargo capacity, just no fun.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJeff View Post
whent thru quite a few as the kids were growing up, nothing really great stood out, but I sure don't miss the damn things either. just fine basic transportation with people and cargo capacity, just no fun.
I will say in all fairness I just picked up a 1994 Dodge Caravan SWB but this one came through with the 3.3L V6 and, to be honest.........I truly like this thing. It's pleasant for me to drive and I can live with its 17-18 MPG avg. driving.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaudii View Post

Also if you wanted something different the GMC ACADIA has seating for up to 8 adults.
i have heard that the acadia has terrible reviews...
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
The ones I'm considering.

- Honda Odyssey - great reviews, seen a lot with high mileage, like the 05+ body style.
- Toyota Sienna - also pretty good reviews, and comes from a trusted brand
- Acura MDX - this thing is more a 4-door SUV, but I hear really good things about it
- Dodge Caravan - this is my wife's idea. I don't like Dodges at all personally, but it is her vehicle.

But when it comes around to it, the Odyssey and Sienna are the two that have most of my attention. Although in the Dodge, the rear windows roll down, which is pretty effing sweet. Honestly, I think I'll enjoy adding mods and features to a minivan - it's definitely something I've never tried before, and should present some new and interesting challenges.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
mdx's are nice, but if i'm not mistaken, the base models start in the high 40's. you could get a decked out van for that...
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah they're definitely more expensive. We're probably going to buy used. I'll be financing it while going through Pre-med, so I'd like to keep the monthlies down low. We're looking to spend under 20k, but ideally between 10-15k.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
how many kids do you have/plan to have? if you only have 2, you are really narrowing your opportunities by only looking at vans. although, i can understand the happy wife, happy life thing too lol...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:41 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
We've got 2 but plan on 3, and we have lots of group functions where we end up driving, so we want something big enough to accommodate.

Of course I'm going to get something different for myself! But I just don't want to pay for something that's anything less than sweet.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
lol i don't think you can put sweet and minivan in the same sentence. replace sweet with useful or something close to that and it works, but sweet?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:07 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
sweet minivan. chyeeaaaahhhh, that just happened.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.