Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 PM  

Portland, Oregon
My vote is for the Honda. We have 2 minivans.
One is a Dodge and the new one is a Honda.
The Honda by far is so much better with all the bells.

Dodge now just sits there waiting for the junk yard. <<<<POS

Old 10-13-2010, 10:19 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4hire View Post
My vote is for the Honda. We have 2 minivans.
One is a Dodge and the new one is a Honda.
The Honda by far is so much better with all the bells.

Dodge now just sits there waiting for the junk yard. <<<<POS

Does the Honda also have whistles? Because I won't pay for something with only bells.

...hah but seriously, thanks for the input. What year Honda did you get, and how many miles are on it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get a feel maybe for common problems that may come up with them, just like with all vehicles.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Has anyone ever towed with a minivan? Is this possible?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay so we're going in tomorrow to look at a Dodge Caliber. It's a bit smaller than a minivan, but I've heard good things about it, it's got some decent space, and it's got some really good gas mileage.

Anyone have any experience, or know a guy who knows a guy who has one?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
chrysler products blow. and this is coming from an owner. if it wasnt for the fact that its a jeep, i would have NEVER bought into them. look down the road. all its going to do is fall apart and depreciate...

you need to take a good look at the impreza wagon or even the lancer wagon thing they came out with first. i would avoid the caliber like aids....
Old 10-15-2010, 05:54 PM  

Portland, Oregon
The Honda is a great van. Ours is a 1999. It dose come with bells and whistles, like power sliding doors, AC and heat in the back for the kids. Yes you can tow with a minivan, mine is rated for 3500lbs w/tow package. It has 130k on it now. The only problem with 1999-2002 Honda is the trans. As long as it has a rebuilt trans. The rest is great. Honda has fixed the problems with there trans.

My wife dose not want anything but a minivan. Because there is so much room and it rides better than most SUV's. Gas mileage is not bad for such heavy weight. It gets around 25 highway/19 city.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:10 PM  

Albany, NY
Chrysler Pacifica fits my bill of a minivan.

Dont care what the manufacturer calls it.

ALL "cross-overs" i have ever been in are practically minivans with less cargo space.
Thye just market them under different names to make people feel more at ease about owning a minivan...lmao
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM  

Albany, NY
btw...Honda Odyssey is WAAAYYYY overpriced for what you get. I used to sell Kia...yep..Kia which is the same manufacturer as Hyundai. Anytime i had a customer come in for a minivan and said they were interested in a Oddysey I could actually sell either one due to the Owners had both stores. I sold everysingle family a Kia Sedona over an Odyssey. it was MUCH quieter, faster, smoother just nicer all around for the money...like $8k cheaper for the same stuff, but I guess if you need to sleep better at night to spend that much more then go right ahead.
I would have made more money selling the Honda too, but in all fairness, the Kia had it beat by a mile.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
maybe off the lot the kia seemed better, but put 60k on it and see what happens. hyundai and kia have the reputation they have for a reason, and honda has their reputation for a reason.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:33 PM  

Talk her into getting a toyota sequoia.

They look really nice a beefy, but with a 60K price tag they better sign dance and call you pappy every time you sit down.

The toyota sienna is really nice too, and it's only a little over 30K my family has one and they like it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.