Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM  

Albany, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'm seriously considering those - that's a great price! What model toyo's did you use? I don't know much about them.

I'm interested in stepping up to 33's over my 32's - mainly because I'll probably be cutting my fenders here in the next 6 months or so, so I don't want my 32's to look too much like babies with all that wiggle room.

How's your road noise? On my Wrangler it was pretty much non-existent, but they were only 30's or 31's I believe. My Mickey Thompson's are freaking loud, especially on the highway, of course.
Road noise is noticeable, but you should keep in mind my tires are a whopping 14" wide (tread width), the tires are available in 33x10.5, and 33x12.5 as well. If you want to fill your wheel wells without the noise, or decrease in gas mileage, go with the 33x10.5's. They're cheaper as well

As far as the bfg km2's go, I've heard great things about them except for two complaints: They don't do as well in the snow as they should, and their life is sub-par. But that is to expected with most mud-terrain tires.
From my understanding, you aren't looking for another set of mud tires, although I suggested I set, I believe there are some special circumstances surrounding the Toyo M/T.

Also, at 4" of lift be prepared to do plenty of trimming, I'm at about 5" of lift, although the 13.5" wide tires had a lot to do with it, the 33's are a snug fit. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of people run 33x10.5's on 3.5" of lift with minor trimming.

Pic of my rig for reference

Also for reference, a rig with 33x10.5's on 3.5" of lift

Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah - I'm running 32's right now on 4" of IRO lift, and honestly I've got plenty of room. I'm most likely going to try Bushwackers new tube-style flares for the XJ, which are cut-out flares.

Tonight I'm going to look into all the tires listed on here. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Keep em coming if you got em! And you're right, I'm not really looking for another serious mud terrain - literally my MT Baja MTZ's have been on for about 4-5k, and they're looking terrible.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-22-2010, 02:16 PM  

WA
I'm going to recommend the BFG KM2. I've had them for almost a year now, and they are fantastic. 33-10.5-15 is the size I've got.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by czjeeper View Post
I'm going to recommend the BFG KM2. I've had them for almost a year now, and they are fantastic. 33-10.5-15 is the size I've got.
How's your tread, after a year on those? Also, what kind of driving you do?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-23-2010, 02:07 AM  

WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
How's your tread, after a year on those? Also, what kind of driving you do?
They seem to be wearing great.
My YJ is my daily driver...about 40 miles a day, w/weekend trail runs.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 PM  

Vancleave, Mississippi
I really like my Cooper STT's. As far the driving on the street, they're very quiet and have been wearing great so far. Have about 10k miles on mine right now, I rotate every 3k miles and balance every other rotation.
Tire recommendations-rubicon-3.jpg 

Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM  

Baker, Montana
I have Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on my Grand Cherokee. I've put over 10,000 miles on them and the treadwear has been really good. They are extremely quiet and they have been an excellent year round all terrain tire.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.