Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
hah that's what I originally thought, but they're the front tires! Just driving normally, it only uses the back ones! So unless he was jumpin out and manually "burning out" his front tires, I'm stuck.
You have heard of rotating the tires before haven't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
Could have hit a curb and bent something causing the front end alignment to be off...
And which part of the alignment being off would make the tires wear evenly across the tire but faster than the rear?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bars View Post
You have heard of rotating the tires before haven't you?

Haha okay this thread is officially useless.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Haha okay this thread is officially useless.
You learned something: Don't let that guy use anything you own ever again.

Your friend sounds a lot like my neighbor. Tears up my tools and returns em. When I need to use his hedge trimmer - "I'd rather not"
Old 12-14-2010, 03:11 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
In the first post Jake mentions rotations. And the guy bought his jeep from him then Jake bought it back, didn't borrow it.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
In the first post Jake mentions rotations. And the guy bought his jeep from him then Jake bought it back, didn't borrow it.
nowhere in the original post did jake say anything about buying or selling
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Quote:
And which part of the alignment being off would make the tires wear evenly across the tire but faster than the rear?
If they are worn evenly then the alignment has nothing to do with it... sounds like it was either abused or the tires were swapped out or something..
Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
nowhere in the original post did jake say anything about buying or selling
Yeah I simplified it for this thread, but now it's getting deeper. I sold it to a sailor down at Pearl Harbor, then immediately regretted it. He texted me about 6 weeks later and said he was selling it, so I jumped on it. I got it back for cheaper, but clearly he beat the crap out of her. So now I'm picking up his pieces and making her feel like a woman again.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 PM  

Galva, KS
Yes, suspension/alignment issues can cause uneven tire wear on the front only. The front tires typically have camber, caster and toe adjustments while the rear typically has nearly no adjustment. Also, when you consider the suspension, there are a whole series of ball joints that could be worn or damaged as well as bushings that can be worn out. However, the wear incurred from something being damaged or worn is almost always uneven...the inside being more heavily worn. I have to agree though that it sounds like this person was doing some burnouts and rotated the front tires to the rear for better traction.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads