Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Bakersfield
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM  

Bakersfield, CA
Bakersfield - Nashville West

I'm not originally from Bakersfield but it is a place I always heard of because of it's great country music heritage. I came out here from Nashville eight years ago to take a break from the business part of the 'music' business and hoped to find some of that great magic that gave us names like Merle, Buck, Billy and Buddy Mize, Bill Woods, and so many others. Sadly it seems that much of that heritage is forgotten.

Most of the great honky tonks where the 'Bakersfield Sound' was created have gone away. Trouts is about all that is left of the original ones. Luckily I am starting to see some places crop up that seem to want to honor the traditions that were formed so long ago.

I have said it before, and I still believe it to be true - Bakersfield could once again become Nashville West if they would just embrace their country music past and celebrate it. Those of use who aren't from here still want to come see where it all started. We want to walk the Streets of Bakersfield where Merle and Buck did it.

So in that spirit, if you know of any great spots for good live country music, post them up here and maybe we can meet some of our fellow CityProfile friends for some honky tonking some night....

I'll start by offering up Wednesday nights at the Prime Cut on Brimhall and Calloway. Good live music there starting around 7PM.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM  

Bakersfield, CA
And thanks to the moderators for giving us a place to talk about all things Bakersfield!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Bakersfield
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.