Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM  

Baltimore, MD
Baltimore City is a disgusting City

I get home from the weekend only to find the planter in front of my house completely filled with trash. I guess it didn’t help that it was the grand prix weekend.
I mean this city has to be one of the most disgusting cities in America. It is certainly the worst I have been in. you walk around the city and there is trash everywhere. You see people just dumping their trash as they walk down the street. Kids dropping there candy or fast food wrapper’s, with out being chastised by the parent’s.
I’ve seen people pull over in cars and just dump their trash out on the street or side walk. Not to mention the piles of cigarette butts and ash that are dumped out of car ashtrays.
I drive through some neighborhoods and seen people dumping there used wrappers and trash right in front of their own house.
You see all the trash floating in the harbor after the storms, after all the trash has been washed into it. You see it all in the water in areas that it floats into never to be cleaned up.
When is this city going to do something about the trash and educate the people of the city that it is not good.
Perhaps to fine the people or the city itself is the only way it may get better.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Your harbor drew me there a few times and the city wasn't very nice till one reached the harbor. Philly and NYC seem much the same.

I think the Eastern rust belt cities are all in decline. They grew on manufacturing which barely exists in cities anymore. I lived near Bethlehem & Harrisburg PA and both lost steel mills. Reading lost textiles, an IC Fab and the railroad. Urban areas are a mix of decay & brownfields.

At least Baltimore has all those brick buildings if gentrification sets in.
Baltimore City is a disgusting City-steeltattoo.jpg 

Baltimore City is a disgusting City-bethlehemsteel4.jpg 

Baltimore City is a disgusting City-nhambethlehem1896.jpg 

Baltimore City is a disgusting City-appalachian3-beth-steel-mill.jpg 

Baltimore City is a disgusting City-arcelormittalsteeltonmeltshop.jpg 

Baltimore City is a disgusting City-steelton25g.jpg 

Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM  

Georgia
I feel your pain Baltimore! I've enjoyed visiting the Inner Harbor and museums many times. But, lately, it seems like the city is getting a rougher and rougher reputation. Litterbugs certainly don't help. If this country is ever going to get rolling again, people are going to have to act better and pull themselves and their communities up by the bootstraps.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM  

Baltimore, MD
well its official

Baltimore City got Voted 3 Dirtiest city in the us

way to go Baltimore

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Bookmark this Page!