Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 05:08 PM  

Pasadena, Maryland
Good local snowboard spots

I am looking for some good local snowboarding spots. I know all the places in PA. I am looking for some pretty decent hills that I can mess around on.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM  

Pasadena, Maryland
Anybody?

Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Not locally.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM  

Baltimore, MD
There is nothing anywhere close. Wisp at Deep Creek Lake can be decent, but it is about a 3 hour drive. It usually gets more snow that either Ski Liberty, or Roundtop in PA. Beyond that, either Snowshoe in WV, or Killington in VT.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM  

Annapolis, MD
Don't waste your time going to Wisp. Its no different than going to Liberty, Whitetail, or Roundtop. Those three are the closest to B-More. They are about 1 1/2 hours away and are generally all the same. I forget which one it is, either Liberty or Roundtop, is the only one that serves alcohol at the bar. Otherwise, the mountains are OK. Nothing to compare to VT though. I found a mountain called Sno Mountain in Scranton. Actually one of my Fav's in PA. Its got a cool setup where the base is in the middle of the mountain and the whole mountain consists of the peak, then it goes down to a valley. Pretty cool. Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dypuz View Post
Don't waste your time going to Wisp. Its no different than going to Liberty, Whitetail, or Roundtop. Those three are the closest to B-More. They are about 1 1/2 hours away and are generally all the same. I forget which one it is, either Liberty or Roundtop, is the only one that serves alcohol at the bar. Otherwise, the mountains are OK. Nothing to compare to VT though. I found a mountain called Sno Mountain in Scranton. Actually one of my Fav's in PA. Its got a cool setup where the base is in the middle of the mountain and the whole mountain consists of the peak, then it goes down to a valley. Pretty cool. Hope this helps.
Are you serious? I love Whitetail, and go there often but it doesn't compare to Wisp. Granted, I'm not jumping in my car and driving three hours to ski and then drive home the same day, but my nutty brother-in-law has. Keep in mind, I'm a skier, not a boarder. Whitetail looks to have a couple nice terrain parks included and I think they have a bit of a half pipe as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Bookmark this Page!