Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2011, 02:05 PM  

Central City, la
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoalBandit View Post
Texas de Brazil has good food and if you leave there hungry, its your fault!! But it is kinda expensive.
sign up for their club and you will get specials for half price on two meals every so often and on your birthday month.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Downtown spot

Don't miss Strands Cafe in downtown Baton Rouge. They are a great family owned and operated breakfast and lunch spot for those of us that work downtown. They are on Laurel St between 2nd and 3rd Street.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk View Post
I'm not a local, but I lived in BR for about 3 months and loved eating at Chime's. Does this place get the approval of locals?
Chime's is great...both locations. The Bulldog on Perkins is also a great place to get a beer.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 PM  

quantico, Va
"Mansur's on the Boulevard" is another semi-fancy place probably on par with Juban's. Its over on corporate. One of my favorite fancy places

Tim
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM  

quantico, Va
I also like Schlittz and Giggles downtown. Its not Louisiana food, but the pizza is pretty good. The Rustico and the KC Masterpizza are the best.

Tim
Old 01-17-2011, 03:08 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I tried The Londoner restaurant this past week and it is excellent. It is located on Sherwood next to Hunan's.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 AM  

Chimes on Highland next to LSU has the best blackened alligator I've ever tasted! Also if you're looking for sushi, Kamado's on Sherwood and Ichiban on Essen are really good, though Ichiban is pricy.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Copeland's on Essen Ln is consistantly good. The Filet is only a notch below Ruth's if any at all; the price is well below Ruth's and it's not a la carte. I've only been disapointed there once in the many years of going. Save room for the cheesecake!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM  

Walker, Louisiana
x2 on the Chimes and Brunet's. Brunet's really does have good prices for the amount you get and the quality.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM  

I'm surprised no one has mentiond Parrain's. I love that place and try to vist everytime I'm in BR. They always have a good special and their cole slaw is some of the best I've had!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads