Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 AM  

Abv

So what is the Alcohol limit in AL anyways? And how far over the state line (I'm from Jackson, MS) would I have to drive (coming I-20) to have a really nice selection of higher alc% beers. In MS we can only have up to 5.5% =( so every now and then it would be worth driving a few miles to have a greater selection of beers that are not available in MS. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:33 AM  

Alabaster, Alabama
I think it is 5.7% by volume but don't I really don't know for sure.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 PM  

Alabama passed a law in 2009 making it legal to sell up to 13.9%, of course it is the store's choice when it comes to the product sold.

As far as driving over the state line, no farther than Tuscaloosa. Though I am sure there is something closer (probably in Demopolis).
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 AM  

@bama...thanks so much for the input. Do you happen to have a name of a specific place to try...or should I just wander these two locations?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM  

No particular places to buy from. I am just guessing about Demopolis. In Tuscaloosa, the Brunos on McFarland is ok; however, if you head that far in you should stop at Willhagens for a meal - good food and a decent beer selection.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
if your in bham you can go to highlands they have 52 taps and the abv is 13.9 so they alot of good choices
Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I like the idea of the 52 taps although less frequent use can lead to yeast growth. My long years tending bar says a guy used to watered down levels of alcohol had best have a non drinking return trip driver.

Beer made me bloated before anything like drunk. The glaring exception was Elephant (Danish I think?). Although I tried for years I was never able to finish a sixpac without falling asleep. 5.5 to 13.6 sounds like trouble (or Elephants)
Abv-beer-elephant-beer.jpg 

Old 04-16-2011, 12:25 AM  

Pinson, Alabama
that is true I am hoping they are doing a good job via sanitation plus right now they are new so as of right now its all good lol next week who knows

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads