Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM  

Charlestown, MA
If you don't already have one, a programmable thermostat is a great way to save $ on electric heat (or any heat for that matter).

Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 AM  

Boston, MA
New Oil Tank

They are making us buy a new oil tank? So add $500 to the cost for me this year. Usually spend at least $350 a month.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 PM  

New Braintree, Ma
i suggest you tell the landlord that your roomie is a chump and find a new place without your roomie
if you can't move then wear more sweaters and lower the temp to 67 degrees
if the roomie don't like it then tell him to pay the f*****g bill lol
the by yourself gig is usually better anyway
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM  

I have a 1400 sq ft house, forced hot air, two ac's on in the summer, electric stove cook alot. My electric bill is usually around $90 never more than $118. There are always some lights on.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:35 PM  

New Braintree, Ma
i hate to brag
but with my wood stove and my 200 acres of wood my heating bill is around 40 bucks for the year=the cost of about 6 gallons of premium fuel and 2 stroke oil for my chainsaw
go wood or go home lol
Old 12-19-2010, 12:52 AM  

Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumSearahFarm View Post
i hate to brag
but with my wood stove and my 200 acres of wood my heating bill is around 40 bucks for the year=the cost of about 6 gallons of premium fuel and 2 stroke oil for my chainsaw
go wood or go home lol

Well right now my thermostat is up to 80 and it isnt working... my bathroom is warm. It is these D@MN brick walls.

If you have that much land, do you have room for my jeep, and tools to work on it?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM  

Stow, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumSearahFarm View Post
i hate to brag
go wood or go home lol
Lol yup. But if you count your hourly wage and the hours it takes you to cut, split, stack, move into the house, and tend fire it looks a little less cheap. I'm still with you though!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM  
kmt

Worcester, MA
I agree with previous post. When I lived in my 750 sq foot condo my winter electric bills were $200 - $300 a month. I was also keeping the heat down in the low 60s during the week. I turned it up to 70 on weekends when my gf came over.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:53 PM  

Boston, MA
Well, I was wondering why I put my heat on 78 and I was still freezing. I checked the blower on the unit, and it wasnt working. Good think my roommate pays for that, and he isnt here to realize it.

Not too worried about it. I had to spend 5 hours cleaning the apt when I got back. He left it nasty when he went on patrol.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM  

Boston, MA
One thing to do is absolutely check the windows. I rent and have some relatively newer replacement windows but they still leak like a sieve. I put that plastic over the windows and you wouldn't believe the difference. My living room sits right over the landlord's unheated garage and is by far the coldest room in the place. With the windows covered I keep my heat WAY lower.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.