Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM  

Boulder, Colorado
Outsiders View of Boulder

In another thread the comments of "People's Republic of Boulder" and "Boulder is not even part of the US" were made. I will agree, Boulder has some quirks, but no different than any other college town I have lived in.

So my question is what are non-Boulderites' views of Boulder and what is the basis for them.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Boulder is another town in Colorado. This is the first I've ever heard of it being something different.

I'll be interested to see what the point of this thread is.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM  

Conifer, Colorado
lets see, Your police dept's a joke (Jon Ramsey), Your DA's office is a bigger joke(footbal scandle), you vote for and elect idiots, you have Judges who will take away your property rights. Your can't take a joke (Pumpkin run) You won't fly and american flag at the Library because it may offend someone, but strings of dildos are ok. It becomes a major scandle when someone decorates a tree in a park with angles, Your right, it's just the same as most places.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
So an unsolved case makes the police department a joke? I am sure I can come up with a huge list of colleges that have had recruitment scandals. The adverse possession laws have changed since that case, just like the most states changed their laws after the Supreme Court ruled that a municipality could take land to sell it to a developer. I was just at the Library the other day and the American flag was flying out front (it even shows up on street view in Google Earth). Everyone I talk to thinks that the Police Chief is being a ****** about the Pumpkin run.

Not sure how these particular examples make Boulder any different that other towns its size.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Because the people there (in general) are horrible drivers, the ****** percentage is much higher than your average college town, and a LOT of people's opinions of themselves and of Boulder that I've met from there are EXTREMELY inflated. It is also extremely expensive due to all the NIMBY bull****, is overcrowded because sooo many people want to live there, but no one wants it to expand, and the liberalism reaches levels that I've seen many normal liberals find repulsing.

But y'know, whatever.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM  

Asheville, North Carolina
Well sounds like I will be the first to say that I loved Boulder when I was out there two summers ago. Its such a big change from North Carolina. But I saw a lot of similarities between Boulder and Asheville. Probably since both are college towns. It might be expensive to live there but so is any big city. Heck Asheville is expensive to live in.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester405 View Post
Well sounds like I will be the first to say that I loved Boulder when I was out there two summers ago. Its such a big change from North Carolina. But I saw a lot of similarities between Boulder and Asheville. Probably since both are college towns. It might be expensive to live there but so is any big city. Hell Asheville is expensive to live in.
Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cool place to visit, but I would NEVER want to live there.

And Boulder is only 90,000 people. For comparison, Fort Collins is 150,000 and I pay about half what my brother does for rent. We're similar distances from campus, both 3-bedroom apartments of nearly identical square footage, same type neighborhood, similar quality, etc.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
I will completely agree on the the drivers. Between the college students, tourists, bicyclist that pick and choose the rules they follow, getting across town sucks! The cost of living has to do with choices made back in the 60's. Places like California limit property right by limiting growth to a certain percentage, Boulder decided to limit it by purchasing the land around. Seem like a pretty good way to do it. Not sure how to take the liberalism comment. I am a libertarian (currently registered republican for primaries) and so are most of my neighbors.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
ok, I dont live in Boulder, or near Boulder, and theres reasons for that.

Drivers stink.
its a very liberal town.
its full of tree hugers.

From talking to many other people, one of the main problems with Co. and yes Boulder, is that there are just to many people from Ca. they (in other peoples words) have ruined the state of Ca. allowing to many Illegals, now they come here, and wonder why there are so many Illegals, lol.
They can not drive, then they want to drive when its snowing

I could go on and on, but Ive got to get to work, lol
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So it seems that this has turned into a "Bashing boulder" sort-of thread.

Anyone have anything good to say about Boulder?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.