Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
Well, I live here and love it. I am on mountain bike trails within minutes of my front door. Great food/bars, great music scene, 4x4 trails only a few miles away. My neighbors are alway hanging out. They do need another shooting club since the one we have has a 15 year waiting list.

I sort of assumed it would be a bashing thread, but I was looking for specific reasons people feel that way, instead of these generic ones with its liberal, people there are pompous, ect.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 AM  

Grayslake, Illinois
I wish i had never moved from Boulder.

Everyone there is friendly (maybe except for the college dudes)
you can walk outside and have a breath taking view from anywhere in the city.
you can drive or ride five m inutes and be in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So it seems that this has turned into a "Bashing boulder" sort-of thread.

Anyone have anything good to say about Boulder?
I personally would not call it a "bashing" Boulder, ever post here so far, are true....

I love it when they say that driving our lifted 4x4s are poluting the earth, yet they drive a 1970s vw van that smokes like crazy, lmao

Something good about Boulder ???? if your gay or a lesbian, then its a nice place. If your a die-hard libral, its a good place.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 AM  

tulsa, OKLahoma
I visited boulder a few months back and it seemed like a very chill place! I wouldn't mind returning!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:36 PM  

My son has settled in Boulder this past year. We visited early in the summer and it was a great place.

Between the outdoor happenings, local music & beer and the proximity to all that Denver and Fort Collins offer ... hard to find a better blend.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:21 AM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
So it seems that this has turned into a "Bashing boulder" sort-of thread.

Anyone have anything good to say about Boulder?
I seem to recall saying it was a great place to visit, but that probably got skimmed over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
Well, I live here and love it. I am on mountain bike trails within minutes of my front door. Great food/bars, great music scene, 4x4 trails only a few miles away. My neighbors are alway hanging out. They do need another shooting club since the one we have has a 15 year waiting list.

I sort of assumed it would be a bashing thread, but I was looking for specific reasons people feel that way, instead of these generic ones with its liberal, people there are pompous, ect.
Seeing as how my opinions come from personal experience, I would call that specific. I actually considered going to CU Boulder before I thought about CSU, but the town turned me off.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I was speaking in generalities, my friend

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM  

Loveland, Colorado
I think Boulder is a beautiful town, but visiting there the few times that I have wasn't anything special beyond the natural beauty around the town itself. I think the college influence and the town somehow getting the "granola" label has made it a place to be visited primarily by people that want to "embrace nature" and look down their noses at anyone that drinks from a plastic bottle or drives a car. This perception is probably no where near reality, but I don't see the City of Boulder doing much to change it either. Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-15-2010, 03:48 PM  

Fort Collins, CO
Quote:
Boulder is another town in Colorado. This is the first I've ever heard of it being something different.
It's often called the San Fransisco of the Rockies, with some reason.

However, it's really not THAT bad. Much cleaner than SF, too.

Boulder's left wingnuts tend more towards environmental issues than social issues... though you'll find both of course.

I wouldn't live there even if I could afford it, and I won't drive a Subaru as long as I live in CO, but it's a beautiful city with lots of great reasons to visit.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:42 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
It's often called the San Fransisco of the Rockies, with some reason.

However, it's really not THAT bad. Much cleaner than SF, too.

Boulder's left wingnuts tend more towards environmental issues than social issues... though you'll find both of course.

I wouldn't live there even if I could afford it, and I won't drive a Subaru as long as I live in CO, but it's a beautiful city with lots of great reasons to visit.
Ive never been to SF so I cant talk from experience, but from what I heard about it, seen on shows like dateline, 20/20, heard from the people that do live there on the diferent 4x4 forums Im on, I could see where someone would make that statement....

but like Ive already said, theres reasons I do NOT even drive through that town.
to be fair, every town, every city in America, will have a few people that dont like it, for whatever reason.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads