Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Bradenton / Sarasota / Venice
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Thinking of relocating to the Sarasota area

I'm active duty Marine Corps, and I'm currently stationed in Oahu.

My girlfriend, soon to be my fiance, is from Boca Grande (an island off of the West Coast of Florida), and we're thinking of relocating to the area once I get out of the Corps in about a year.

I'm going to go to school directly after getting out of the Corps, and my girlfriend is a nurse, so we're trying to find a place that is going to satisfy both of those needs in our lives. Additionally, we will be buying a house, so we're looking for a place with a real buyers' market, as far as real estate.

I'd love to hear some feedback from some people that are actually from the area! I'd love to hear your thoughts of the city/area - if you like it, speed of everyday life, real estate, education, overall attitude of the people, etc. I've actually never been to Florida, so I'm kind of going into this just going off of her experiences of growing up in an area close to there.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Bradenton / Sarasota / Venice
Bookmark this Page!