Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 PM  

evans mills, new york
New York offroading

seems everytime I go offroading I run into a posted, or keep out sign or is it just me?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Hey MPJEEPER, welcome aboard.

I just moved here and haven't even tried to go out wheeling yet.
Reading the Fingerlakes4x4 forum for the local 4x4 club they seem to mostly go out of state or Rausche Creek Off Road Park.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM  

Oceanside, New York
New York

I wish someone told you that citizens do not own the resources of the State of New York. Special interest groups, overzealous politicians, community organizers, and overstepping judiciaries have taken away our right to share in the parks and lands of New York. It appears we can only ride bicycles and walk trails in New York. The automobile is a tremendous piece of american history and yet we strict their modern use to malls and commuter lanes. I would like the 4wd drive community to use forums like this to free up land for off road activity. We are a community. We are New Yorkers. We pay our taxes. Challenge Albany to respond. Set aside land for an off road park.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 AM  

Nope, PA
There is a 4x4 event this weekend in Corning. Waynes World. Hill climbs, trails and bid deep mud holes. can go stock or bring a competition buggy. fun for all.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM  

Nope, PA
The entire 4x4 community wants the same rights as the snowmobile guys.
So where do we start?

Petition on behalf of all the legitimate NY clubs? and signed by as many people as possible?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM  

12550, New York
I think if we want to petition for more land, we need to make use of more resources (forums) to gain a larger audience. This forum is still in its infancy, and needs more members to grow and thrive so that some power can come of this.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 AM  

Nope, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I think if we want to petition for more land, we need to make use of more resources (forums) to gain a larger audience. This forum is still in its infancy, and needs more members to grow and thrive so that some power can come of this.
I took it to JF. Pirate is next. I know almost all of the NY clubs but am waiting till I get the petition done to meet with them.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM  

Rochester, New York
yea Luckrider it is getting rough around home.....if you dont have a farm there is no land to offroad on......I'm on jeep forum, pirate, and cherokee forum with the same sn, i'm not in a big club but i would definitly sign a petition to free more land from the hands of those tree-hugging hippies in albany
Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 PM  

12550, New York
The biggest thing that gets me is that there is no point in having the land if it isn't getting used. There is a lot of land that isn't getting used at all, and there is so much that can be done to protect and enjoy it responsibly.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 AM  

East Rochester, New York
Sign me up!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads