Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 AM  

Niagara Falls, New York
You gotta love living in the north towns

Not too much snow compared to the south towns and if you really need a snow fix its a short ride to where it falls in abundance.

Steve

Old 12-10-2010, 07:13 AM  

Buffalo, NY
Most of my family lives outside of syracuse, they still don't understand that here in North Buffalo, we don't get a whole lot. I was fielding calls from many family members during the storm razzing me for the huge amount of snow. One picture of the grass in the front yard was all they get for a reply.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM  
nit

I have family in gawanda which is a bit south. Everytime i visit them it feels like an artic expedition and im from michigan. Strange that the weather could change so much in a short distance
Old 12-15-2010, 04:52 PM  

Clarence, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nit View Post
I have family in gawanda which is a bit south. Everytime i visit them it feels like an artic expedition and im from michigan. Strange that the weather could change so much in a short distance
Well, It's Gowanda. Go up the road a mile or to to Perrysburg (Rt. 39) and turn left on Hooker Hill. They always have at least double the amount of snow. It's freaking awesome. (and please, don't steal the sign)
Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 AM  

Olean, New York
Live about an hour and a half south of Buffalo, but grew up in Lancaster. We get more snow than the Northtowns, a bit less than the Southtowns. But you can't get many good wings around here.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 AM  

ransomville, ny
Yeah north towns rarely get more than the snow belt but it has been known to happens. I love WNY no matter what though, I wish there was more jobs, our downtown area was better developed and we had a decent mass transit system to make it easier to ride a tram into the city for an evening instead of having to drive in and worry about parking, etc
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM  

Buffalo, New york
Quote:
Originally Posted by westo2 View Post
Most of my family lives outside of syracuse, they still don't understand that here in North Buffalo, we don't get a whole lot. I was fielding calls from many family members during the storm razzing me for the huge amount of snow. One picture of the grass in the front yard was all they get for a reply.
QFE, me too!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM  

I grew up in Tonawanda and I remember camping out in front of the radio for school closings. We NEVER got a snow day, and I remember thinking just how lucky those OP kids were.... besides the fact that their father's were orthodontists....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Bookmark this Page!