Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Gold matches record

Gold matches record winning run on U.S. debt talk fear | Reuters

Gold matches record winning run on U.S. debt talk fear

By Frank Tang
NEW YORK | Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:16pm EDT
(Reuters) - Gold rose for a tenth straight session on Friday, matching a record winning streak set four decades ago, as fears over debt talks aimed at averting a U.S. government default fueled the precious metal.

Quote:
Safe-haven buying increased after President Barack Obama and Republicans traded demands for a serious deficit plan, underscoring a lack of progress plaguing negotiations to raise the U.S. debt limit.

Gains in crude oil, a plunge in U.S. consumer confidence and concerns about euro zone debt contagion also underpinned the metal.

"The longer the debt talk drags on, the more you would want to own a safe haven like gold. The crude oil market is also rallying quite nicely, and that's a big element in support for gold," said James Steel, chief commodity analyst at HSBC.

Analysts forecast gold would extend its rally further based on its technical outlook, and one said it could reach an outlandish $5,000 an ounce should equity markets plunge.

Spot gold was up 0.2 percent at $1,589.89 an ounce by 12:00 p.m. EDT. It failed to hit a new peak after rallying to all-time highs in the previous two sessions, but stayed near the record of $1,594.16 hit on Thursday.

U.S. gold futures for August delivery added $1.80 an ounce at $1,589.89.

Spot silver gained 2 percent to $38.96 an ounce, near a two-month high of $39.34 set on Thursday.

Bullion prices held onto small gains after an industry health check aimed at reviving investor confidence showed that eight European banks are not strong enough to withstand a prolonged recession and need to raise 2.5 billion euros in capital.
Gold's gains appear limited after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Thursday the central bank is prepared to act if the recovery falters, but made clear the Fed was not at that point.

"We're of the view that the U.S. doesn't need (further monetary easing), that U.S. growth will accelerate and that QE3 won't be needed," said Dan Smith, analyst at Standard Chartered.

A Reuters poll this week showed analysts expect gold prices to average $1,550 an ounce in 2012.

Gold could rise to anywhere between $1,870 and $5,000, with the top end of the forecast based on bullion's relative strength to the Dow Jones industrial average if there were another shock similar to the Great Depression, research firm Capital Economics said in a note.

In addition, technical analysts said gold could rise to a record above $1,700 an ounce based on the size of its past rallies and projections based on the Fibonacci numbers.
Bornrich : Cruise to the luxury lifestyle
Gold matches record-goldnug011.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold.jpg 

Gold matches record-goldnuggets.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold20%24coins.jpg 

Gold matches record-silveradogold1nolanmine.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold-mercedes8.jpg 

Gold matches record-edible-gold-leaf-gold-bar.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold-pentax-slr-camera.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold-plated-macbook_48.jpg 

Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Gold matches record
Gold matches record-apple-iphone-solid-gold-phone.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold-ball-wallpapers_7957_1920x1200.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold-bar-usb-drive_yspnw_54.jpg 

Gold matches record-ipad-gold-diamond-spk11.jpg 

Gold matches record-nokia-8800-sirocco-gold-phone.jpg 

Gold matches record-24ct-gold-hutch-prostar_kioan_12.jpg 

Gold matches record-super-talent-pico-c-gold.jpg 

Gold matches record-heels.jpg 

Gold matches record-remoe.jpg 

Gold matches record-vodka.jpg 

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
$2.26 million TV

Luxury Gold Gadgets,Plated Gold,Gold Automobile

Quote:
If owning a 55? TV set is not what you would call royalty, owning one of these most expensive television sets, made with precious metals from Stuart Hughes? new luxury signature range is certainly about living life king-size. Stuart?s new signature line kick-starts with two gorgeous 55? TV sets: PrestigeHD SUPREME Rose edition and PrestigeHD SUPREME. The Rose edition is the pricier one with the base and outer frame crafted in 28 kilograms of solid 18ct rose gold, and adorned with 72 brilliant round cut 1ct flawless diamonds on the frame, with the remaining area set with Sunstone and Amethyst. The inner screen layer is made up from alligator skin, all hand sewn. The ornate make comes with a matching price tag $2.26 million, while the other Supreme model boasts an almost similar make with the base and outer frame done in 22ct gold and encrusted with 48 diamonds with the remaining area set with Aventurine and Topaz.
Gold matches record-xbox.jpg 

Gold matches record-vette.jpg 

Gold matches record-wii.jpg 

Gold matches record-lg71inch.jpg 

Gold matches record-gold_quad_array.jpg 

Gold matches record-polymer-logic.jpg 

Gold matches record-earphones.jpg 

Gold matches record-plasmatv.jpg 

Gold matches record-ipod.jpg 

Gold matches record-ferrari.jpg 

Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Gold prices top record $1,600

Gold prices new record over $1,600 - Jul. 18, 2011

Quote:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Gold prices broke a new record Monday, topping $1,600 an ounce, driven by concerns over mounting debt in the United States and Europe.
Gold futures for August delivery settled at a new high of $1,602.40 per ounce. Earlier in the session, gold touched a fresh intraday high of $1,607.90 per ounce.

The buying was also helping lift shares of gold ETFs, with Market Vectors ETF Trust (GDX), SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) and Pro Shares Ultra Gold (UGL) moving about 1% higher.
The yellow metal has been on a roll since July 12, when it got an extra boost from the minutes of the Federal Reserve's June policy meeting. They indicated that the central bank could be open to more monetary stimulus.
Further stimulus could undermine the U.S. dollar, triggering a flight to gold, the age-old stalwart in troubled times, when investors are afraid to put their money elsewhere.
"I think people are coming to realize that the economy is weakening again and the government might see a need to try to stimulate the economy further," said Joe Foster, portfolio manager for the Van Eck Global International Investors Gold Fund (INIVX).

Gold has also been lifted by concerns over European debt, especially from the fiscally hamstrung nations of Ireland and Greece.

The buying was also helping lift shares of gold ETFs, with Market Vectors ETF Trust (GDX), SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) and Pro Shares Ultra Gold (UGL) moving about 1% higher.
The yellow metal has been on a roll since July 12, when it got an extra boost from the minutes of the Federal Reserve's June policy meeting. They indicated that the central bank could be open to more monetary stimulus.
Further stimulus could undermine the U.S. dollar, triggering a flight to gold, the age-old stalwart in troubled times, when investors are afraid to put their money elsewhere.
"I think people are coming to realize that the economy is weakening again and the government might see a need to try to stimulate the economy further," said Joe Foster, portfolio manager for the Van Eck Global International Investors Gold Fund (INIVX).

Gold has also been lifted by concerns over European debt, especially from the fiscally hamstrung nations of Ireland and Greece.
Gold matches record-1600au.jpg 

Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM  
Traveler

Surely people aren't that stupid? You doctored those photos up didn't you? That's it, I'm gonna gold plate my vintage 1948 Kirby upright vacuum. Everything. Even the frigging cord. Because people will like me best!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I am going to gold plate the dried dog turd in the yard. If people are willing to buy stupid
stuff like pure gold high heels then they should buy my old doggy turd right?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It's clearly part of a disease cycle. Doesn't anyone understand "garish" anymore?
Rupert Murdoch lost 8 BILLION DOLLARS on paper this week as the media mouthpiece for greed but he won't be brown bagging it.
The "trappings of power" led to some pretty silly looking outfits in the day.

We as a culture have a number of socially dysfunctional features. In my lifetime stuff that was sodomy in Dixie draws a yawn today. The leaders of France & Italy are deep in sex scandals but no heads will roll. Vive l'France!

I do hear gold looks very attractive with Melanoma.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 PM  

I bet 99% of those gold toys are owned by some silly king of one of our oil producing countries. Pretty sick!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Bookmark this Page!