Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's really good! I may have to bookmark them and look into it.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 PM  

To meet these qualifications do each of the following each month?:

Minimum of 10 debit card purchases (ATM usage does not count toward the 10 purchases)
1 Automatic Payment or Direct Deposit transfer
Receive your monthly account statement electronically
Sign in to your online banking account at least once

Unfortunately, there are just too many caviots involved with this type of savings account for my taste.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:48 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That is a weird mix of things - is this a savings account or checking account we're talking about here?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM  

NJ
It is a weird mix of things, but I do not have to sign onto my online bank account. 10 debits is easy really. Direct deposit is a given if you are not self employed and I do not want paper statements anyway.

It comes out to like 87 a month or so and it is nice to have a decent sized checking account so you never worry about anything bouncing or overdrafting.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:45 PM  

houston, tx
Checkingfinder.com works good for finding a high interest rate. But what good is a 2 % interest rate when you are paying 5+ % on consumer debt. Check out DaveRamsey.com for a different way to look at your finances.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:30 AM  

Edmonton, Alberta
I've never bought a CD and have no plans to do so anytime soon. I'm in my mid 50s. Stocks for the long run, baby.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 PM  

Sanford, NC
You cannot save your way to being rich, you have to invest in something that has a higher interest rate than inflation.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:33 PM  

My extra money goes into assets that give me an avg of 12% to 15%, sometimes more, a lot more. The investment products I buy are protected by the federal legal reserve system which has never defaulted on a contract. I no longer invest in this crazy market. I invest only in products that are not correlated to DOW, S & P, or the NASAQ... gold/silver is riskier than ever.

I lost a lot in the '08 crash and have not re-entered the market and don't plan to. My interest is in long term and my investments mature in 2 to 7 years. A buddy of mine turned me on to this about 3 years ago. This company and its products have been around for about 12 years. I like the idea that my principle is never at risk, there are no fees, the market doesn't affect it and the yield is unmatched.

I don't do a very good job of explaining it but go here Welcome ? Hill Country Investments - Investments by Design

The site explains better and you can ask them questions.

Good luck!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Gold, silver, or real estate is where I invest my money.
I bought a duplex a while ago, that was foreclosed on.
I got it for a good price, fixed it up some, and now rent it out.
The rental income is very good, and when the real estate market goes back up, I will likely sell it.
I have also bought a few vacant lots that were good deals.
I bought a lot on a popular lake, its a beautiful lot, with good lakeshore, and a crappy little cabin.
I got it for less than half of its real value, as the people were desperate for money, and when the market goes up, will sell it to.
I buy in a bad market, sell in a good market.
I love that real estate has tanked the past couple years.
Its always going to go back up, you just need to look for good deals, then sit on it patiently till the market improves.

Gold and silver are already high, but i think they will go much higher.
I have some gold thats gone up about 40%, and silver thats up about 30%.
Way better returns than any investing would have gotten me, and more secure to.
Its not ever going to become totally worthless like a stock or such could.
I do not trust banks, so keep very little in any accounts, and inves my money instead.
My gold I wrap up really well, and hide it very well.
Leaving it in the house or bank, it could get stolen, or the bank could fold, or be robbed, or just screw people oneday.
The government already took everyones gold once, it could do it again.
If you hide it, its a lot safer.
Reading about how customer info has been turned over by banks, and what the gov does, i trust neither.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I should add that i do own some stocks.
My 2 oil company (suncor, formerly petro canada, and shell)stocks have done very well, my airline stock (westjet) has done fairly well, and my food stock (maple leaf foods) has also done okay. I bought the maple leaf foods stock during a health scare, when listeria was found in a processing plant, causing a stock price plummet. I should have sold a while back at $13 a share, but did not, and its slumped some to $11.65 today, but still good since i bought it at $8.37 last year. Stocks are a gamble compared to gold or realestate in my opinion, so do not spend more thn you can afford to lose.
I will not tell you much, but lets just say i learned a lesson on a mine stock i bought a long time ago.
I was hoping it would skyrocket, instead I bought in at about $4.09 a share, and eventually cut my losses and sold at about $1.86, not a good day for me. lol
If you play the market, it could bite you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.