Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 PM  

Riverside, CA
Tell Me About Your Bank...

Tell me about your Bank, what's good there, and why you like it.

Just getting some idea's as to what's out there.

Who's got free checking? Free checks? Low fee's? Low interest rates on loans? High dividend rates on savings? Let's here it peoples.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 12-17-2010, 02:48 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Try a federal credit union. It's the safest bank I've ever had. Not the greatest interest rates, but comparible and more consistent. They are always spot-on with the monthly statements, and they do not compound overdraft fees. My direct deposits always post on time, if not early. They gave me great rates on my last car loan and there were no penalties when we paid it off early. They've given us great protection against theft, and they won't have anything to do with Paypal for good reason (stupid story).

Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I use Navy Federal Credit Union. You have to be a military/DoD civilian at one time, though - I can't remember if you were in the service/work for the government.

They've got great online, 24/7 SUPER polite customer service, and their branches are open late on weekdays and until 1 or 2 on Saturdays, depending on the branch.

I've got all of my loans through them, for good reason. They've always beat any other offers on loans - the last one I got, for a new motorcycle, they beat Ducati financing by 5% - 5%!!

My favorite part is that their 24/7 customer service is real people - you can call in the middle of the night and bank, apply for loans, etc etc etc. For those of us with weird work hours, or just have kids, that's a God-send.

Drawbacks: They generally have more branches around Navy/Marine Corps bases and hubs, but they're in expanding.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 PM  

I use Teachers Federal Credit Union. The rates, service and hours are great. Everything available is readily accessed on-line.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM  
fustrated genius

We use a local community bank, two branches and the "main office". It has the small town politeness and as long as they are like that, I will remain. Once they sell out to B of A or Wells Fargo, I'll go to a credit union too.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM  
Traveler

It's biiiiiig.........It's made out of briiiiiiick.........And they have lots of money in there.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
JP Morgan Chase's profits are up 67% in the first quarter. They made it off fees.

47% of banks still offer free checking.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Ive been with:
Wells Fargo (young and dumb... )
Chase (i told them to turn my overdraft protection OFF and they refused)
Bank One (i was happy until BoA bought em)
Bank of America (the absolute WORST)
Comerica (left because I moved, or Id stilll be with em)

I am currently with Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union. They have great rates. Almost everything is free or close to it. Ive never had any problems with my checks, check cards, or my account with them. They offer identity theft for 1$ a month (cant beat that with a stick!) I love them and I wish they were every where so the rest of the world could know how a bank is supposed to treat you. The only thing I dont like, is that with my personal account, i can only withdraw a certain amount a day from atms. I understand its for my protection, but its frustrating. I dont know if my business account is this way or not. I dont use my ATM card for that account.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Just for your information.....just ran across this one......
Here's where I found it...... http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cucumber.asp

https://www.lowermybills.com/lending...okieEnabled=Y#
Quote:
Requirements to Refi Are Being Eliminated

Home RefinanceHome EquityHome PurchaseDebt Consolidation

Program Provides Streamlined Refinance Process

click here for disclosures

x

FANNIE MAE? and Refi PlusTMare registered trademarks of Fannie Mae.
All other logos or brand names shown on this website are trademarks of
their respective owners and/or licensors.

You may qualify for a Refinance Loan under this program if
? Your loan is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
? You're current on your mortgage payments
? You can demonstrate you can afford the lower payments
? You don't owe more than 105% of your home's estimated value

LowerMyBills, Inc. is not acting as a lender or broker.
The information provided by you to LowerMyBills is not an application for a mortgage loan,
nor is it used to pre-qualify you with any lender.
If you are contacted by a lender or broker advertising within our network, your quoted rate
may be higher depending on your property location, credit score, loan-to-value ratio,
debt-to-income ratio, and/or other factors.
LowerMyBills does not offer its matching services in all states.
This loan may not be available for all credit types, and not all service providers in the
LowerMyBills network offer this or other products with interest-only options.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM  

I am still using Merrill Lynch which has become Bank of America. I have most of my assets with them which makes a move difficult. If I could find another institution that could manage my checking, my money market, my stocks and my IRA with a simple transfer I would go for it. For local purposes I use Community Bank.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.