Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Is there a guide or what stops people from stealing the old stuff?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 AM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
Its actually a California State Park formed in 1962 to protect it for generations to come. Its a self-guided walk around town but they do offer guided tours of some restricted areas, one being the Standard Mill, its a complete stamp mill where they extracted the gold and silver from the rock. A group of people has formed a foundation (BodieFoundation.org) to help preserve the park and support the State in the leans times we are going thru with our State budget.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Thank you for posting these pictures. The Eastern Sierra and its history have always been of interest to me. I have never been to Bodie myself. I just finished reading Dear Carrie: Letters from the Eastern Sierra 1878-1899, by Kathleen Haun about the life of a woman who moved from Illinois to join her fiance during the years that followed the initial Gold Rush (1870's). The letters provide first hand accounts of the many events that shapped Bodie, Independence, Lone Pine and much of the Mono Lake Basin area. This is truly a great adventure story if anyone is interested.

I can't wait to drive up to Bodie to have a look for myself!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 PM  

Fort Myer, VA
This place looks awesome! Maybe on my leave I can go check it out
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 AM  

from reading this im alrady planning a trip, i have to drive through 88 so i'll prob stop along the way for some 4x4 trails
Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Great photos, this place looks so cool.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
I'll be on our annual fishing trip at Bishop Creek in July, Bodie is now on the list of things to do while I'm up there

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.