Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 PM  

Moorpark, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWorm View Post
Since it's local for me... just about anywhere in the Sierra national forest. Hundreds of places to camp. All within a couple hrs. drive for me. I prefer anywhere primitive near a stream or lake, but sometimes a developed site works, too. Mono Hot springs is one of my favs if it's not too crowded. Spent lots of time there as a kid. Huntington lake has lots of sites. Courtright lake @ the S.E. side of the Dusy/Ershim trail has some cool primitive lake side spots. (if you have a 4x4) Typically, I prefer the higher elevations.

WRM
Haven't been up there in years, that place is a playground!

Old 12-22-2010, 05:44 PM  

I've always enjoyed backpacking in the Desolation Wilderness

Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 PM  

Stockton, California
about 30 minutes away from yosemite

we have always camped right off of hwy 120 going towards yosemite its great because no reservations are needed
Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 PM  

Simi Valley, California
I love that area. We took our Manx off-roading in Mammoth and made a side trip to "Seven Lakes" area at the end of the road you mentioned. The hike to/and past Chicken Foot Lake is fabulous.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 PM  

SLO, CA
I love the Redwoods in Nor Cal and the Lost Coast. Just awesome hikes everywhere.

BW
Old 12-28-2010, 01:53 AM  

Shingletown, California
Horse camping, We pack into the Trinity Alps and the Marble Mtns. Jeep camping anywhere in the great out doors.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 PM  

LA, CA
Kern River, Ant Canyon. Thats the only place worth camping. Sand beach on the river. Non developed camp ground so you dont have to deal with other ppl. Fishing is good, and you can camp as close to the river as your dare. It is right of sierra way a few miles past the bait shop.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM  

Oceanside, California
one of the best places i have ever been is called "Moonshine". on the way to sonora from Sac.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:49 PM  

Fresno, CA
Places off Rock Creek Road are nice, if you like "dry" camping. Fresno Dome is also a nice place to camp.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM  

Independence, Kansas
When I lived in Redding I enjoyed some great hiking trails in the Shasta-trinity area immediately around Wiskeytown lake. The best is to go to Brandy creek and then follow the access roads up the creek from the picnic area towards the Waterfalls... Plenty of camping, swimming, or whatever you want....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!