Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM  

I need some advice. Would San Joaquin Valley work better than Central Valley? Please post up your thoughts!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 AM  

Modesto, Ca
It is cityprofile.com... I don't see why this site can't be at least as localized as something like craigslist. It would be nice to have the Fresno section centralized in and around Fresno while still incorporating the small towns around the sections area. I'm anxious to see what this site will bring in the coming months.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 AM  

City Profile is a constantly evolving forum. If anyone else has any input to help us grow, please let us know!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Dedicated City Sections

I had the perception that 'CityProfile.com' would (for its names sake) place an emphasis on providing information that relates to the individual cities, giving each of them a dedicated and seperate area to attract contributions (posts). Grouping individual city sections together into regional divisions would make sense as well. If someone wanted information on Martinez, CA I would guess that they would not want the extra effort involved in trying to weed that specific information out of a section devoted to all of Northern California with a pot pouri of other completely unrelated topics thrown in for good measure.

Not everyone will include the term, 'Martinez' in their subject line making the search mechanism a less effective tool to find pertinent information that might otherwise be readily available if it were listed under a dedicated section. Even if they did, they wouldn't arrive at a discussion of the city of interest, but would instead only see what one lonely soldier has had to say about said topic.

Hope this helps...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM  

You do have the ability to create a new sub thread for activities in your specific area. Many have found it very useful!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
You do have the ability to create a new sub thread for activities in your specific area. Many have found it very useful!
Good luck with that...I tried and couldn't figure it out. My city post is now mixed in with articles on Medical Marijuana, Shooting Spots, Property Taxes and four pages of other miscellaneous stuff that makes the likelihood of anyone finding it who has searched for an honest thread and discussion of things Martinez unlikely. The good news is, people searching for Fresno, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco and San Jose can all find information related to their cities quite easily as each has a dedicated thread under the California division.

Anyway, I'm done play'n.

Peace/Out
HeapTrail
Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 PM  

Livermore, CA
East Bay Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by geberhard View Post
No East Bay Area forums yet, so wanted to create one and see who is in the area?
New "East Bay Forum"? Yes, the San Fransisco posts seem to be pretty San Fransisco city specific. I am in Livermore, but would welcome general "East Bay" information, or at least something not specific to SF city. By the way, come and enjoy Livermore!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:06 AM  

brentwood here

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.