Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM  

San diego, Ca
hunting - what are the regs for Indian Reservations?

I have a buddy or two who are natives, and since I'm not one, I'm naturally cautious - what are requirements when hunting on Res land?
Permits required?
Licenses required?
Limits, if any?
Or does anything change at all?

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 AM  

I will tell you that it will vary from Reservation to Reservation. One Reservation where I've hunted in the past only require a California hunting license, but in regards to fishing, demand that I purchase a California fishing license AND a Tribal fishing license. Your best and safest bet is to contact the Tribe themselves and ask what they require.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM  

Oceanside, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjones View Post
I have a buddy or two who are natives, and since I'm not one, I'm naturally cautious - what are requirements when hunting on Res land?
Permits required?
Licenses required?
Limits, if any?
Or does anything change at all?
where is it you are trying to hunt (which res and tribe)? i have some family that could give me some insight. But i am with HAVASU... your best bet is to contact the specific tribe... that way you have a 100% solid answer.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM  

Or do what I do.....Hunt with the Head of Security, who is also one of the Tribal Leaders!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 AM  

San diego, Ca
Ha, that would be a great plan I don't know him though, so I'll wait and hope that CJs95YJ gets back to me.
The close one is a Kumeyaay Res, the Barona reservation

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!