Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
+1 for that sensible comment!
California seems to be comparable to Arizona in the, "stay out of my state" issue, even toward tax paying americans.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 AM  

Kentucky
I wanted to apoligize for my last comment, I asked for people's views on moving to Oakland and I received people's views on marijuana instead, you guys have a right to your opinions, I am sorry.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmerb View Post
i am no hippy or stoner, I only smoke in the evening, I do not go driving around afterwards. Kentucky does not allow smoking, possessing, or growing marijuana of any kind. I can not believe that you would deny me the same freedoms that you have the right to.
Really? Seriously? You would move all the way across country just to be able to smoke? And that seems like a good idea to you?

You can exercise any freedom you want and I have the right to think it's stupid. No one I know has time to waste their life trying to live a Cheech and Chong movie. They are all too busy working to pay the taxes to support the deadbeats.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Really? Seriously? You would move all the way across country just to be able to smoke? And that seems like a good idea to you?

You can exercise any freedom you want and I have the right to think it's stupid. No one I know has time to waste their life trying to live a Cheech and Chong movie. They are all too busy working to pay the taxes to support the deadbeats.
I would move all the way across country to exercise my right to smoke and not have to worry about being arrested for my beliefs, similar to the people who come to America to avoid persecution for their beliefs.
It is like if smoking a cigarette was illegal where you live, don't you think that you should be able to smoke without the threat of being arrested? Or drinking alcohol, or what ever you enjoy, you would not want your freedom taken away for your belief.
I would also take offense to the stereotyping of my life being compared to a cheech and chong movie, I have already stated that I only smoke in the evening and I do not go out and drive around I just stay in and that is it, I do not take any medicine and drive around.
Now you and anyone else who continues to comment on medical marijuana only, is off topic, the topic is Oakland, please comment on your experiences that you have had or are having with Oakland.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM  

You should be able to do whatever you want. stoners are all around
Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 PM  
Traveler

This country is so ignorant and self righteous! We'll trip over the stupidest things like denying gay marriage or smoking weed, but simply not even care about someone polluting our groundwater! We have our priorities screwed up big time! Other countries got smart right off and allowed the marijuana commerce to exist to make a profit and keep everyone happy. Frankly, I gave up smoking weed years ago, but to me, I find it highly laughable that we allow alchohol but not marijuana. To the original poster, just smoke your weed and be careful, or move to California or Seattle, where they allow you to have it too. It'll be legalized one day. You just need to wait it out!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:01 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

I had to google cheech and chong to find out what I was being compared to, I find it funny that only one of us has the time to waste watching something so ridiculous as cheech and chong movies, by the way I am not quite that burt.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 AM  

Back in the 70's and 80's, Cheech and Chong were very popular with the youngsters. They made several silly movies, skits and even a Christmas story.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM  
Traveler

..........And they were pretty darn funny too! Havasu? Are you saying you were a kid in the 1970s or 80s?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM  

Let's just say I was a "kid at heart!"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.