Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM  

Elk Grove, California
Because California is like 2 states....Northern California and Southern California! We aren't related!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM  

Stockton, California
In terms of its natural landscape it is very different

It is the only state that has so many extremely contrasting climates-ex.- deserts in the south, coastal wetlands, sierra highlands. It also has many different kinds of ecosystems.ex.- alpine forests, desert ecosystems, wetlands, the san joaquin delta, huge marine life ex

Old 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM  

Its a world of trend setters.

Its where the world wants to live and Cali knows it. The youngens have Sun and fun their whole lives.

The old grew up with the best music the world has ever known. Let alone the greatful dead madness that ensued there.

How I wish I could have been.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 PM  

Oceanside, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam2714 View Post
Because so many people don't drive very well
You have no idea about the driving abilities of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIANS. i thought the Bay Area was bad. I think that people in SoCal think that turn signals are an optional item when you buy a car.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 AM  

Annoying gun control laws.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM  

Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I think that the overall mentality and laid backedness is what sets Cali apart as well. The further East you travel, and the closer to the capitol you get the more and more uptight and PC it becomes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I have lived in many places and I have found the most uptight people I have ever met by far are in SoCAL.
I was wondering about that as well. He definitely hasn't been to the SouthEast where I am from. My Bakersfield wife had to get used to my laid back style of life because it is certainly not like that out here. Maybe the poster was talking about the NorthEast. They are certainly more uptight up there than we are down south.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 AM  

Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
One of the major reasons I felt this way was due to my time in the Navy. East Coast and West Coast Navies were two different animals.

East Coast Navy - Our ships were almost ALWAYS immaculate. Painted and repainted continuously. You couldnt even go topside unless you were in full uniform (regardless of the temp outside). ANY sort of PDA topside (or anywhere else) was pretty much forbidden.

During an overseas operation, I was stationed on a West Coast ship (same hull class) for several days. The ship wasnt as 'immaculate' (due to all of the environmental restrictions) but the mentality was WAY different. Sailors were able to go topside and just about anywhere in 'half' uniform. Females were jogging around topside in their sports bras. Couples were seen sitting all along the VLS launcher and bollards on the bow of the ship... This mentality was unheard of on my ship.
I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I wouldn't call that laid back, I would call it out of uniform and not doing their jobs. It's the Navy, not a couples retreat. I prefer my military services to be 'uptight' if that is the word you want to use. I'm just an old Army grunt but I am kinda glad when I see military personnel who look and act like military. I would take your East Coast ship any day. There is plenty of time for that other stuff once you are off-duty.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads