Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2011, 05:37 AM  

Wow thats cold.
Coldest I remember was maybe 2 winters ago i got in my truck and the thermometer read -35

Old 02-11-2011, 05:29 PM  

Alberta
Coldest winter camp with my scout troup was -42. We slept in quincees so everyone was just fine but had some worried mothers when we cam home

Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM  
Traveler

-35 for me and a supposed -65 wind chill. Don't know about that, but it was a might cold!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:45 PM  

Richmond, British Columbia
coldest i have seen it was around 45 don't know how cold it was with the wind chill
Old 02-23-2011, 12:31 PM  

Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hello everyone, I'm from Iqaluit, Nunavut... this is the real arctic. No trees, tundra abound, polar bears, walrus, narwhal - and no penguins don't live in the North and we don't live in igloos and no for the last time I don't drive a dogsled to work! LOL!
The coldest I've seen here was around -44ish... plus the wind of a sustained 60km/h with 80km/h gusts = a percieved temperature of -70C or so. If you go outside, and I mean IF, because it is frickin cold out, you must be entirely covered up. Skin will freeze almost instantly.
On a regular January or February day, it is usually around -35C with a slight NW 30km/h wind... this makes a skidoo trip accross the bay rather cold. I have a beard, and the moisture of my breath exhaled under my helmet gathered in my beard and froze my helmet to my face...LOL that was not a good day! and the resulting frost-bite... gotta love life in the north!!
If I can I'll attach to this message a PDF file of this year's first -40C forecast
Old 02-23-2011, 01:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Haha I think ArcticSean just broke the record!

Minus 70F windchill is like -95F for the non metric folks.
Coldest you've seen the mercury drop to-picture-1.jpg 

Old 02-23-2011, 01:55 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSean View Post
Hello everyone, I'm from Iqaluit, Nunavut... this is the real arctic. No trees, tundra abound, polar bears, walrus, narwhal - and no penguins don't live in the North and we don't live in igloos and no for the last time I don't drive a dogsled to work! LOL!
The coldest I've seen here was around -44ish... plus the wind of a sustained 60km/h with 80km/h gusts = a percieved temperature of -70C or so. If you go outside, and I mean IF, because it is frickin cold out, you must be entirely covered up. Skin will freeze almost instantly.
On a regular January or February day, it is usually around -35C with a slight NW 30km/h wind... this makes a skidoo trip accross the bay rather cold. I have a beard, and the moisture of my breath exhaled under my helmet gathered in my beard and froze my helmet to my face...LOL that was not a good day! and the resulting frost-bite... gotta love life in the north!!
If I can I'll attach to this message a PDF file of this year's first -40C forecast
Soooo.... What do you drive to work?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
This is a good question!
What do you guys up in Nunavut drive?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSean View Post
morning everybody.. ArcticSean My wife forecasts for your airport.. She came home last night saying you guys up north where getting some bad weather. stay warm up there..
Old 02-27-2011, 01:45 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Garmins_dad...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads