Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 AM  
edh

Calgary, AB
The Canadian, municipal and Provincial Governments have to stop trying to be everything for all Canadians and Canadians have to stop expecting the Government to be everything.

Canada has too many people that expect the gvt to save them and look after them. Too Many Canadians have forgotten how to stand on their own two feet.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
That deserves a kudo because it is so true.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:10 PM  

I really love the fact now that, to get a mortgage, you not only need twenty percent down (through the banks), but also with this glorious Ontario HST (sneaky little thing, how'd it ever pass!!!?) you pay this outrageous amount of tax now, and don't get me started on buying vehicles... geeeez!! at least I get that reimbursement cheque to, you know, pay off my visa interest...
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Consider yourself lucky to even get a reimbursement. I sure don't. I get a bill.

I was stunned when I did the taxes for my younger son. He made about 12K last year and had a couple of hundred bucks withheld in taxes, yet he's getting a refund of over 2K?????

Anyone see a problem with that?

We need more links to news reports of sleazy tax grabs by teflon politicians here.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 AM  

Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
OK. now I have been thinking about taxes lately, (probably because its tax season). I think there should be a flat tax system in this country.
Isn't that HST?
Some provinces have already, where PST and GST are combined and let the CRA decide who gets what once it's out of your pocket.

People have been complaining about it like crazy since it was implemented here in BC but I don't actually know *why*...

It makes doing taxes easier for dumb...bottoms... like me.
I fluctuate more on timmie's purchases from year to year than the difference in taxes paid
But then again I'm self-employed as an artist and make less than 30K a year, so what the heck do I know, eh?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM  

The Taxes here cheese me off.. but what really skins my dog is we don't have enough money here for our own health care yet we send millions over seas to help others.. How bout helping our own families in need first. Our government can go suck a egg. Lets keep wasting money on that gun registry also.. good job Canadian government.. good job. NOT

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!