Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 11:48 AM  

Charlotte
Any home brewers in the house?

Found this site through my favorite home brewing site, and was curious if there were any other local home brewers here.

I'm thinking about joining carolina brewmasters (our local home brewer club), and would appreciate any opinions if there are any members?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:43 PM  

Charlotte, NC
Homebrewer here, I also found this place through my favorite homebrewing site. How long have you been homebrewing?

I was at Charlotte Oktoberfest and the Brewmasters had a lot of beer there, good stuff. You'd be in good company if you joined! I'll have to check out a meeting or something, I think they get together at the Neighborhood Grille in Dilworth every so often.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:11 PM  

Huntersville, North Carolina
I'm actually shopping around for a nice beginner's setup. Should I actually buy a kit or would I be better off buying each thing seperately?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM  

Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc24oc View Post
I'm actually shopping around for a nice beginner's setup. Should I actually buy a kit or would I be better off buying each thing seperately?
I was able to piece together some very nice equipment by buying it on Craigslist. Of course, this requires patience. If you're raring to go, a beginner kit could work well for you. Stay away from Mr. Beer, though.

Oh, and despite amassing equipment for the last year, I've yet to actually start brewing. Soon, though.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 AM  

Huntersville, North Carolina
I'm always shopping around on craigslist. I'm sure my wife will be rolling her eyes at me as I start another crazy hobby/project. She never hesitates to enjoy the fruits of my labor though.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 AM  

Cornelius, NC
I am a big time all grain home brewer. I recently moved here from Pittsburgh and have been in touch with the Carolina Brewmasters. Sometime when they have a meeting closer to Lake Norman / Cornelius area I will try and attend. I have to say that after looking at the by-laws and web site they seem to be a little too intense for my style of brewing / socializing. I have been finishing up my Brutus 10 build and plan to start brewing again after the holidays. (This has been one of the biggest projects I have ever taken on.) Other than Alternative Bev south of Charlotte, are there any other home brew suppliers in the area? This seems a real shame because there use to be the best HBR near my old office, and the guys would do anything to help me.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM  

Charlotte, NC
I came here from homebrewtalk,
I started home brewing about a year ago and just moved here to charlotte in august. I was wondering if there was a homebrew shop too, hopefully near university area.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:25 AM  

Concord, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc24oc View Post
I would visit a fellow brewer most of us love to show our equipment, experience and ideas. Get an idea after a few brewing sessions of what you are interested in, extract or all-grain. There is no need to spend money on extract brewing if in a few months you decide you want to do all-grain. Learn all you can about santitation before you do your first brew. Get to know as many brewers as you can.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 AM  

Concord, NC
I just came across a retired brewer in the area who has some NICE!!! equipment for sale. If you are looking for completed keggles, kegging equipment, carboys, ect. PM me and I will give you his number.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:47 PM  

Boston, Ma
You're better off going with a kit from William's Brewing:William's Brewing, fine homebrewing since 1979. @ Williams Brewing
Or Northern Brewer:Northern Brewer Home Brewing and Winemaking
They will have cheaper pricers than any retail location. Then you can get your supplies from a local retailer and get good advice from them!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.