Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2010, 06:18 AM  

Charlotte, NC
It's a matter of what the voters of Charlotte value. If they valued education, the schools would get better funding and would perform better.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_monster View Post
It's a matter of what the voters of Charlotte value. If they valued education, the schools would get better funding and would perform better.
I completely agree with this, the schools are falling off to the wayside.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:06 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Cms

it is a different school system;
it appears that the 'dumbing down' is in effect.
I disagree with the new implemetation class-rooms. Each child; is different; each child has different learning speeds; each child should not be expected to ''pass'' all test.

any test I could pass; if you dumbed it down enough
Old 10-30-2010, 07:27 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
We homeschool. Send your child to public school is tandamount to child abuse.

Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 06:02 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jeepx View Post
hearing about cms and their money problems is quite annoying sometimes, and the news would not have much news without them.
10 million more then last year but they still have to cut teacher's jobs and close schools....how does that work?
Old 11-19-2010, 03:52 PM  

Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
10 million more then last year but they still have to cut teacher's jobs and close schools....how does that work?
Not to mention the "Education lottery".

Why didn't they tell anyone that the budget for schools wouldn't increase when the lottery was approved, only the source of the money. All of these school officials need to be tarred and feathered, starting with Peter Gorman.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:57 PM  

Concord, NC
What is wrong with this idea!!!! They are your kids, you want them better educated YOU PAY FOR IT. Don't expect the goverment or anyone else to pay your way. This is why this country is in the shape it is. Everyone wants something but they don't want to pay for it. Instead of getting a tax break for dependants you should be charged more if you want the government to pay for education. I've seen todays kids there are not many I want to invest my tax dollars in.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom932 View Post
What is wrong with this idea!!!! They are your kids, you want them better educated YOU PAY FOR IT. Don't expect the goverment or anyone else to pay your way. This is why this country is in the shape it is. Everyone wants something but they don't want to pay for it. Instead of getting a tax break for dependants you should be charged more if you want the government to pay for education. I've seen todays kids there are not many I want to invest my tax dollars in.
It has nothing to do with taxes. It's a gross mismangement of resources for as long as I can remember.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 AM  

Charlotte, NC
Quote:
WE ARE PAYING FOR IT. Our taxes pay for public education. The problem is the government screws up everything it touches.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 PM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
Quote:
you dont get it! it is the NC EDUCATION LOTTERY! it advertised raising over 1 BILLION dollars a few YEARS ago. WHERE DID THE 1 BILLION GO? YOU my friend is what is wrong with america. all WORKING americans pay an average of 30% of their paychecks every week to local, state and federeal gov't. not to mention sales tax, gas tax, property tax! soon we are gonna have to pay a BREATHING TAX if things keep going like this. please GTFO of my country and take all the illegal immigrants with you!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!