Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgraham602 View Post
is this the wild wild west? who are you protecting yourself against? are you really anticipating someone "gunning" you down in the streets??
I'm protecting my home. Myself, my wife and when my children arrive I'll be protecting them too. Who am I protecting them against? Anyone who means to do them harm and the world is full of people who would try. I refuse to become a victim if there is anything I can do about it.

I'm not out looking for a fight but I'm certainly not going to run from one and I'm not going to count on anyone else to protect me should a fight come my way. I have nothing but respect for LEOs but they show up 10 minutes too late, at best, because their response is 3 and 4 reactions down the chain.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Knowledge is your power

sgraham602: Sir, respectfully. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves as best we can.
Reading any of the 'police' information available, knowledge, is power, power when or if things becomes dangerous to those around us. Power knowing the law, power knowing your individual rights.

pielet97; has said it best. 'responsibility''

spittinfire; has posted some wonderful information. Use it, enjoy it, at the level you choose.

doing anything, preventing one person, the knowledge, ability, understanding, training, discouraging anyone from personal protection, is wrong

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-26-2010, 01:28 PM  

portland, maine
Does NC recognize ME CCW's? My son is being stationed at Lejuene and I plan to visit from time to time.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgraham602 View Post
is this the wild wild west? who are you protecting yourself against? are you really anticipating someone "gunning" you down in the streets??
CC is a means of peace of mind and protection. I don't expect anyone to gun me down randomly in the streets, but where I live there have been armed robberies, break ins, ect. On my school campus, the student parking lots are a huge target for car jacking and hold ups at night. Not to mention my city has been target of rape. A girl on my campus was walking to the parking deck when a stranger made and attempt to grab her. You can never be too safe. In your area it might be different, but where I live things like this happens on a daily basis.

For the record I have a lot of gun experience. I have shot my fair share and I know where to shoot to disable without killing. (however I will never know how well that will work out if I am in a head on situation, lol) and I know how to clean them properly as well. Cleaning is also VERY important. What good is your gun if it won't work properly?

I also hope when I get my CC that I will never have to use it, but if I do I prepared. I also want one to deter anyone from attacking me. Just by pulling a gun on someone attempting to attack you can cause them to back away and run if your out somewhere. You don't have to shoot.

grymsr - Depending on where you are, you can talk to the local DA. But where your goin' I am pretty sure your good.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:18 AM  

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Maps

grymsr: Sir; for your best source

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Sarahdactyl; Ma'am, reconsider your statement please.

''shooting to disable''; in NC; the law; doesn't recognize your statement, pulling a firearm, shooting to wound, isn't considered self defense.
{ a Felony} on you part; you can be held responsible; under the law; even while you think you are doing the right thing

It suggest; you had time to think; if you have time to think; you have time to escape. 'very ambiguous'

were you to make this decision; ''Officer, I shot to kill''; and, am a terrible shot.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:51 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
For the record I have a lot of gun experience. I have shot my fair share and I know where to shoot to disable without killing. (however I will never know how well that will work out if I am in a head on situation, lol) and I know how to clean them properly as well. Cleaning is also VERY important. What good is your gun if it won't work properly?
I agree with you on cleaning but I have to strongly disagree with you on shooting to disable. You should never pull a weapon unless you feel your life is in danger, if you do for any other reason you can face criminal charges. Now, if my LIFE or my wife's LIFE is in danger my goal is to stop the threat, not wound it. If my sidearm ever clears leather I am shooting to kill. If I happen to hit the guy in the shoulder and he stops, that's fine. He can sit there and bleed with my pistol pointed at him until the cops show up.

In today's world you could open yourself up to all kinds of legal issues by wounding an attacker. You see it time after time in the news where a man is charged with a crime after injuring someone who broke into his home during the night. I know it doesn't make any sense but it happens.

I don't want to kill anyone but if I am forced to protect myself or others I will do just that. A wounded man can still attack you, a dead man cannot.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

I would never even think of pulling it unless I was in danger I couldn't get away safely.

I cringe at the thought of killing someone, had I ever been in the situation I suppose I would shoot to kill.

It does seem backwards, but I get what your saying.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM  

Mooresville, North Carolina
IF I had a CCW and IF I carried and IF I told random strangers about it on the internet then it may no longer be a concealed weapon. IF I had a CCW and IF I carried a weapon it MAY BE a SIG P239 in 357SIG. Perhaps...........
Old 12-31-2010, 06:40 AM  

NC
IF you did carry, why would you pick 357sig?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM  

Iniative

I feel strongly about our rights to carry, about our rights to have the opportunity to offer ourself; just maybe, the opportunity to protect our loved ones, ourself, or the innocent.
Those feeling they need to be very very secretive, so be it. In the grand scheme, I would rather know who is around that has taken the iniative, in learning how the law will protect us

What firearm, sling-shot, bow, rock chunker, is your individual rights. Carrying
a knife, is better than a ''Winn Dixie'' bag. just don't carry the knife to a gun fight.
Mace
pepper spray
keys, properly handled
tire tool
books
blah blah blah, could/can be your weapon of choice. Practice, with what you have. Practice for life

The basic argument: The simple, be prepared; our society has changed

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.