Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Don't wait on the CMPD. They are pretty good, but when seconds count they are minutes away.
Open Carry is legal in NC, take advantage and protect yourself!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:13 PM  

Information needs verification

I post this for information; any and all information need verification; often, with date validation.

be dang careful, is my point.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For North Carolina
North Carolina

Summary
North Carolina is a traditional open carry state. You MAY open carry in a motor vehicle. However, localities may regulate the carrying of firearms under certain circumstances.

Preemption Complete state preemption of firearms laws except localities may regulate the possession of firearms:
In public-owned buildings
On the grounds or parking areas of those buildings
In public parks or recreation areas
Additionally, under NC Code Chapter 14 � 160A.189, a city may by ordinance ... regulate the display of firearms on the streets, sidewalks, alleys, or other public property.

While the word "display" does not appear to be defined in the Code, some localities in NC have adopted, or are considering adopting ordinances like the city of Chapel Hill's which restrict the open carry of handguns.

This was challenged in State v. Fennell (1989) and the NC Court of Appeals upheld previous NC court decisions stating that the guarantee of an individual right to openly bear arms in the NC constitution was subject to reasonable regulation declaring that "a pistol shall not be under a certain length."

NOTE: Almost all states allow local regulation of the discharge of firearms

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM  

Best policy is always to speak to the local LEOs. I did
Old 12-16-2010, 07:29 PM  

Concord, NC
Come ON!!! Your first line of protection is yourself. If you are counting on the police to keep you and your property safe you are going to continue to be a victim. The cops are there after the fact to fill out the paperwork and to get you scooped up off the street. I'm not saying you need a gun, but you do need to be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM  

Mooresville, NC
If I remember correctly, the FBI also released a report of the Charlotte area. It cited decreased crime in several catagories. This report also cited an increasing amout of concealed carry permits being issued in this same time period. The FBI felt very strongly the decrease in crime was a direct result of the number of CCW's which had been issued. Imagine a thug's face when grandma pulls a revolver while he is attempting to steal from her. I love it...Go Grandma!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM  

To the original poster, I would recommend taking your complaints regarding the police department to the police department. Make them do a complete investigation and explain why they did what they did, or didn't do. When an outsider reads it on a forum, many will feel it is just another unhappy customer who probably got a ticket and this is their way to vent about cops failing to protect.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 PM  

Charlotte IS really bad though. Just recently (in my neighborhood) there was a break in and attempted gun theft and an armed home invasion.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 PM  

Camden
It is getting bad everywhere!!

I grew up in Charlotte and was a Charlotte Policeman for about 15 years. NC gives drivers licenses to all the undocumented demorcrats and they get what they deserve.
I refuse to allow an illigal mexican do do work for me and I won't patronise a business that hires them. There are 14 milion Americans out of work and they paid taxes and social security most of their lives and the mexicans don't pay either and have 3 babies a year for us to pay to raise. They don'y have social security numbers so they can't pay into it. It's a real mess this country is in. I'm a veteran of this country but I don't believe I would go to war for this country now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!