Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2011, 12:59 AM  

Clarksville, Tennessee
Things to do around Chattanooga!

Well, Im from West Tennessee. My wife and I love to take weekend trips to places in the TRi state,, or sometimes Quad State areas. We like to run up to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, Memphis (just for the BBQ!!), and down to Mobile (SEAFOOD) and sometimes we will even make the run East to Chattanooga. Chattanooga, if you have never been, is a fairly nice town with a lot of history. For you Civil War buffs out there, they have several battle sites. You have to see Ruby Falls at least once before you die. It isnt far to Gatlinburg either. Gatlinburg is the tourism trap of the midwest next to Bransford MO, (does Yakoff Smirnoff still play there?) Chattanooga has a lot of old south charm and hospitatlity. The downtown area has a lot of nostalgia and some very good eateries. We like to park and walk in the evening. The mountains surrounding the city are amazing at sundown. There are a lot of different things to do around Chattanooga, I recommend an exploratory expedition to anyone.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 PM  

Biloxi, MS
You forgot the wonderful aquarium!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 PM  

Gota see Rock City.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM  

I'd recommend going south a bit and visiting Cloudland Canyon State park and the Lula Lake Land trust (when it's open to the public) in NW Georgia. They have lots of great hiking trails and some truly amazing waterfalls.

Also if you're into Geocaching both of these places have some good caches in them especially at Lula Lake. (see GCKNAF Lula Falls (Traditional Cache) in Georgia, United States created by AB4N (Adopted by Team Bear-Cat))

Cloudland Canyon - Georgia State Parks - Cloudland Canyon State Park
Lula Lake - Welcome To LulaLake.com - Lula Lake Land Trust - protecting the Rock Creek watershed

mtnman262
Racine, WI
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM  

Lebanon, Tn
Signal mtn.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 PM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
My wife and I went to Chatanooga last fall and we did all of the normal "tourist" stuff: Ruby Falls, Rock City, Lookout Mountain, the Aquarium. We had a really great time and it was a comfortable, layed back sort of place. I had been there once when I was much younger and everything there seemed much more than I remembered as a kid. There was also much more downtown than I remember when I passed through there about 15 years ago between duty stations. It seems like it would be a nice place to either visit or live now.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:11 PM  

Another great place to visit outside Chattanooga (besides the Ocoee River) is up I-24 to Monteagle Mountain. Highpoint Restuarant up there was an old haunt of Al Capone.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:11 PM  

Oh...and one of the best kept secrets about the middle Tennessee area is "community theatre". About 50% of the small towns in middle TN have a group of volunteer actors who put on some incredible presentations...usually four or five plays a year...performing four or five shows each over two consecutive weekends. I've seen Les Miz, Jekyll and Hyde: The Musical, and many other "off Broadway quality" performances. Check them out! There are several small theatres just outside Chattanooga... like Monteagle, Shelbyville, Manchester and Tullahoma...
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM  

You could ride the incline railway, go to the aquarium, and maybe even take your lover to blue plate

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads