Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Beer around chicago is good too...

I like going out to Brixies out by Brookfield. They have a really nice selection of beer on tap and bottle and they also have the brixies brewers homebrew club. Poor Phils in Oak Park is a good place too. They like to have the odd beers on tap. Food is not bad either.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:31 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by afloresrfp View Post
I like going out to Brixies out by Brookfield. They have a really nice selection of beer on tap and bottle and they also have the brixies brewers homebrew club. Poor Phils in Oak Park is a good place too. They like to have the odd beers on tap. Food is not bad either.
Hey, I mentioned Brixies too! I love that place and miss it too!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 PM  

Chicago, IL
I like any brewpub, and looks like there are a few more to try. I also like the Berghoff on Adams St in the Loop. It is a great place to get a beer, in other words, to stand around any talk to a variety of people. It is also about the most classic interior in chicago. Before brewpubs, it was about the only place in the City that made its own beer, although not on location.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:56 PM  

Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRoyLenz View Post
There is a great beer bar called Twisted Spoke. Phenomenal beer selection, including an aged bottle list. It has a rough, biker type theme to it, but everyone has always been very friendly.

There isn't a lot of variety at Kuma's Corner, but the beers they do have are great. On top of which, I don't hesitate to say try have the best burgers I've ever eaten. It has a heavy metal theme, so I wouldn't recommend it as a family joint or a place to take a first date.
Kuma's corner has amazing burgers, if you can ever get in the place!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM  
Joe

Elgin, IL
My faves: Sheffields, Map room, and hopleaf..
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM  

Palos Heights, IL
Binny's South Loop not only has a nice selection but they have a bar in the store that usually has some delicious beers on tap.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 PM  

Some have mentioned Fountainhead and I have to second that. Their beer list (and whiskey menu) is outstanding. Cask ale is great too - when they have something in. Now, if the employees there would just lose the attitude.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:07 PM  

Wise Fools Pub has a pretty extensive selection. That was where I tried La'Chouffe for the first time. Plus they have bands.

Also, the pub at UIC is awesome. You have to be (or at least know) a student there, but they give you a nice sized book with a list of good beer. Selection is great, service is fun. Plus its a college campus. Cant really go wrong.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM  

Chicago, IL
+1 for Quenchers
+1 for Map Room
+1 for Kumas (they have a nice microbrew selection as opposed to what others have said)

+1 for Green Eye in Bucktown. Was just there this past week, and was pleasantly surprised of their micro brew selection. Great little bar just off the Blue Line.

If you are up for a brewey tour, go to Half Acre in Lincoln Square on Saturdays at 1pm, and you'll get some freshy fresh samples from their taps.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 PM  

All these bars sound too fancy for me. Anywhere with good cheap prices on Budweiser, Miller or Coors? Now that is a beer!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.