Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 03:03 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Thai Food

My favorite hidden gem in the western suburbs is Siam Kitchen.

Siam Kitchen Restaurant - Home

It is owned by this little old couple that emigrated from Thailand. They even deliver in their family minivan.

Post some of your other favorite Thai places.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 AM  

Chicago, IL
Here in Oak Lawn, we have a sushi-japanese-thai restaurant that I really like - Sushi Thai Me. http://www.su****haime.com/ I get the sushi and my wife gets curry - everyone is happy!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Chi-tung in Evergreen Park, which is close to Pappers. If you're downtown in the Loop area, Siam Rice is an awesome place to go.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM  

Medford, MA
In Uptown along Broadway there are a lot of Thai / Vietnamese places that are great. The Argyle stop on the Red Line is where you would get off.

Hai Yen Vietnamese Cuisine
Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 PM  

Thong Thai...it's on the far north side. So good!

My aunt is from Thailand, and she said this is the most authentiv Thai food she's had in Chicago. Can't beat that. Reasonably priced, and not too trendy, taboot.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM  

Onalaska, Wi
I have always been a fan of THAI LAGOON in Bucktown.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
unkown in Kentucky

anybody know any good kentucky chinese and or japanese places in louisville
Old 12-02-2010, 01:45 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers View Post
Here in Oak Lawn, we have a sushi-japanese-thai restaurant that I really like - Sushi Thai Me. http://www.su****haime.com/ I get the sushi and my wife gets curry - everyone is happy!
That's hilarious. The message board filter doesn't like your string of letters in the URL there.

Chicago has a great selection of Thai, especially in a little run of Western from Montrose (4000 N) to Lawrence. Along that strip you have Sticky Rice (specializing in Northern Thai cuisine, and offering some of the more interesting dishes you can find in Chicago, including an omelet made with ant eggs, and a crispy caterpillar or silk worm--I forget--dish), Spoon Thai, and Opart Thai. Another Chicago Thai benchmark restaurant can be found on Montrose and Sheridan: TAC Quick. These are generally considered among the best, if not the best, in the city proper. I also very much enjoy the homestyle and relaxed feel of Elephant Thai at 5348 W. Devon.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 PM  
Sex Robot

Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Sticky Rice (specializing in Northern Thai cuisine, and offering some of the more interesting dishes you can find in Chicago, including an omelet made with ant eggs, and a crispy caterpillar or silk worm--I forget--dish), Spoon Thai, and Opart Thai.TAC Quick. These are generally considered among the best, if not the best, in the city proper. I also very much enjoy the homestyle and relaxed feel of Elephant Thai at 5348 W. Devon.
Wow, you just nailed my favorite Thai places there. Popped into this thread to mention those. Can't beat the duck curry from Sticky rice. Based on your taste I'll have to check out the other ones you mentioned, especially Elephant Thai.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:46 AM  

Chicago, IL
I'm a fan of Yummy Yummy Asian Cuisine (no, I didn't make that name up):

Yummy Yummy Asian Cuisine 60657 - Chicago Online Order

They cater to the vegetarian crowd, which is nice. The Red Curry Soy Gluten is awesome. Not necessarily a traditional dish, but it was an awesome find for me, since I hadn't had Thai food in years since I became a vegetarian.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!