Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 02:40 PM  

cincinnati, Ohio
Bengals

Looks like we have Adam Dunn as QB.
Hope Palmer turns it around! Or we will need to look for a new QB!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM  

Lancaster, Ohio
The Bengals are always having trouble. Im just glad to see the browns pull one out!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM  

Forest Park, Ohio
They will never get rid of Palmer, he is a franchise boy like Boomer. He will ride until he retires.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 PM  

Hamilton, Ohio
I am really dissapointed with them this year....
Old 10-25-2010, 06:51 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKEYEMANIA View Post
Looks like we have Adam Dunn as QB.
Hope Palmer turns it around! Or we will need to look for a new QB!
The Bengals should have been thinking about a replacement for Palmer for the last three years.With the weapons on offense they have there is no reason to be losing games like they have. Though The Almighty Chad did drop four catch-able balls before half time. Palmer can't seem to get control over his arm. I don't care if it is a cannon if you can't put it where it needs to be you might as well not throw it.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 PM  

sharana, afghanistan
i havent got to see any Bengals games this year. they only play 2 games a week over here and they never win the pick. so what is the issue this year?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
i havent got to see any Bengals games this year. they only play 2 games a week over here and they never win the pick. so what is the issue this year?
They have all the tools any offense could hope for but have no passing offense. Bringing TO into the locker room some say is a distraction but I can't see it and any worse than the Chad show has been for years. And TO has actually made more plays and the Ocho. We have a pass caching TE (Greshim) for the first time since Rodney Holman and he has helped a good deal but they are not using him near to his potential. He is a rookie though and the Bengals are pretty used to being cautious with them. Another Rookie Shipely has great hands and has really come through when called upon but it seems it's the same thing as the TE deal or Palmer just wants to throw to Chad and TO. This would be great but he has to realize that they are not 7 foot tall and chad has trouble catching anything this year anyway. He's dropping at least 1-2 balls for every one he does catch. I have not seen near enough out of an O line that costs a huge pile of money in the ways of pass protection. Running the ball as been OK but I'll give more of that to the RB Benson than I will to the O line. You see him bouncing out and trying alternative routs many times due to holes closing too fast.
Now I will not put everything on the players. Offensive lay calling seems from the twilight zone some times. Too many 1st down balls trying to find Chad or TO are not getting in their hands. The Bengals have shown that they can win with a run oriented offense but with all the hype on the receivers it seems pass first is the name of the game now.

We finished with the 4th ranked defense last year. But they are not holding up to that this year. They are doing well just not consistent. The Bengals are not shutting down offenses that they should be. It's just way too hot and cold. Catch them on the right day they could shut down the best of teams. A cold day though you could put them against a high school team and not be able to know the outcome. Maybe it's players taking too many gambles but I really don't think so.

They could do great but it just seems like there is no wind in the sails this year. As far as offense I have to put this in the hands of Palmer. Sure he sounds good in an interview but if he believes what he says then he would step up on the field and in practice. I keep hearing timing is off. Well then..Get to making it right! A true leader can lift his team up. And I just do not see that in Palmer this year. And I have no idea what the front office and coaching are thinking but this no real replacement or backup for Palmer is just insane. Things are bad now but he gets hurt (AGAIN!) the team will not be able to play period. Maybe if he (Palmer) had some real competition he would get motivated to do what he was brought here to do. In a way Palmer has that Steve Young thing going. He has not had near the snaps in games that most his age have. Unlike Young it's due to injuries. He should be plenty able to play at a high level. It just looks like he wont.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 PM  

sharana, afghanistan
thanks for the upday DJ
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM  

Raleigh, NC
X2
We moved to Raleigh for work and I hardly get to see a game here and when I do they stink! Too many freaking Steelers fans here too, WAY TOO MANY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnolloth88 View Post
I am really dissapointed with them this year....
Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM  

Cincinnati, Kentucky
we just need for the injuries and suspensions from racking up.. and Palmer needs to get his head back in the game.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!